1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

80's Rewind Cruise- Has anyone been on one(or something similiar?)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Happygirl21, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys! I just saw an ad for an 80's themed cruise, out of NY on the Norwegian Breakaway, in October. Was wondering if anyone has been on something like this and if so what your opinions are.

It sounds a little kitschy but potentially fun, in an 80's kind of way.

Thanks

In the planning phase.
  2. Guardian

Guardian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps try cruisecritic.com for your question. Much better chance of getting the answers you are looking for.

3. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock Legends Cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale

Check out - Rock Legends Cruise! This past Jan 2016 (RLC IV) went to Turks and Caicos.
    Next Jan 2017 (RLC V) goes to Cozumel. I'm already booked again! *Royal Caribbean.

https://www.rocklegendscruise.com/

Ps: Kiss does cruises as well... Search The KISS KRUISE!

4. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Happygirl, I am a big time cruiser which means I cruise a lot on different cruise ships all the time. The NCL Breakaway is a super large ship and I have cruised on it twice recently.

This cruise has a 1980's Theme that means that you will see lots of people wearing the 1980s' outfits. They will be playing lots of 80's music all over the ship. You will be walking into a Disco theme dance floor. I remember dancing to Donna Summers disco music. I used to dance the New York Swing and the West Coast swing. I wore long Big teased hair and shoulder padded jackets. I loved those years. I think Urban Cowboy outfits may have also been popular too. YOU have to buy your cruise from the travel company that is planning the 80's Theme social event. They will be planning lots of activities. OR... You can just be a Looky Loo and just see them pass you by as they go to attend their activities.
    It is not KITCHY..... it will be a fun activity for those who loved the 1980's music and dancing. If it is not your thing then just book the cruise normal and still have fun with the NCL Singles group if you are single. Yes, cruisecritic.com has what you call a" Roll Call" for people cruising during that event. It is a one time deal on whatever date they have chosen. LUCYR.

There will also be thousands of people on the ship that will not be part of the 80's theme group. If you are single you can join up to meet up with the ship's social director who will plan times to meet for dinner for just the singles group. The NCL Breakaway has TINY CABINS for SOLO cruisers. They also have a Lounge that has free coffee cappuchino drinks and pastries. It is free there. The do have a Bar Guy who charges for alcoholic drinks. The Solo/Singles groups meet there some times. If you are single you will love that experience of being with other singles. I have guy friends who cruise on that ship just so they can meet other singles to hang out with. I had a fun experience with the group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.