1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

8 days in October

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by shobi, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shobi

shobi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Had a fantastic trip 1-9th October, and let me pass on a HUGE thank you to all connected with this board! Also please accept my apologies if this isn't the most coherent TR you've read - I'll try and keep it as easy to read as poss, but I've so much to fit in!

I travelled with my younger sister, she works for a british airline (BMI). The airfare in total, from Edinburgh to Manchester, to Chicago, to Vegas, cost around £200 ($400) each.

We took advice, and offers posted on here and got Signature for $159/night for 6 nights. I tried the $20 trick at the hotel (rather nervously, if I'm honest), it worked pretty well - got a jr suite on 28th floor with a strip view in tower 3. I've stayed in Caesar's (Augustus Tower - Fountain view), Luxor (tower room and pyramid room) and NYNY. This was the best room by far.

We stayed in Wynn, for $179/ night for 2 nights. Booked a resort rm with the "flavours of the fall" promo. Used the $20 trick here on the Sun morning, and got upgraded from an 8th floor room to 30th floor panoramic view rm w/ golf course view.

We saw Big Elvis for the 1st time - he is FANTASTIC!! The whole show is fantastic, audience involvement, song requests, and prizes. Oh! and he's also a very good Elvis soundalike. He mentioned that he has lost 450lbs in the last few months and plans to lose a further 200 (just how big was he?). One of the ladies who volunteered, happened to have a birthday that day, what a way to celebrate. I didn't volunteer or get my photo with him, but have it on my "to do list" for next trip.

Saw the Rio masquerade in the sky show for the 1st time also - Brilliant

Visited the Spice Market Buffet for the 1st time - very good, was a bit wary as I had read (on here) that there were problems with it, during the refurb. I'm pretty sure its up and running at full tilt again (nothing to compare it to, as I said, I hadn't been before)

Tried the Wynn weekend champagne brunch and the MGM weekend champagne brunch, and have to say I was disappointed with Wynn. Found MGM to be better, AND no-where near as big a wait.

Tried Mon Ami Gabi (at Paris) also for the 1st time. Excellent value for money and great food. Unfortunately, we didn't get a patio table (might try a $10 trick here next time -Thoughts?)

Had lunch at The Palm in the forum shops (again 1st time), again very good food and excellent value for money. I'd recomend the businessmans lunch to anyone thinking about it.

We used our $50 food credit at Wynn in SW steakhouse (they gave us a $100 credit - I wasn't gonna complain). Being a big steak fan, I thouroughly enjoyed this. Again we weren't lucky enough to get an outside table (is it worth trying to tip the host, to get a view?). The food was fantastic. I've ate at the Luxor staekhouse 2ce before, and to be honest I found that just as good, and a pretty similar price.

We also managed to catch the Sirens show at TI, having always missed it on previous trips- very good. If you show a key for ANY MGM property they will let you into the hotel guest viewing area.

Missed going to The Price is Right at Bally's (was really keen to see it), just didn't have enough time - again its on my to do list

I tried the Top Gun slot - I'm hooked, best of both worlds a slot machine and video game combined, with a soundtrack from my teenage yrs. It seems to be in ALL the MGM properties now, although its not always the easiest to find. I think I may have played it in Caesars also (could be wrong though).

I'm sure I've missed loads out - I'll add later if I remember anything else.

Again, a massive thanks to all who contribute here, this was prob my most fun packed Vegas trips.

Keep up the good work Guys (and gals)

:nworthy:

2. DonD

DonD Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting, shobi. This board should help people to find the good, bad and ugly. It's a powerful resource and you just did your part by posting. Thanks. :)

3. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report shobi! I'm so glad you had a good time. As for Mon Ami, you can just put your name on the waiting list for the patio, there really isn't any special trick to it.

4. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice trip report! You got a great airfare to start with, and used the $20 trick to perfection. Congrats!

5. hula96717

hula96717 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hey great TR!... i like the way you were to the point in your explanations... i missed the big elvis on my last trip... but from the posts on this board im thinking that he's a "must see"...

6. sprat888

sprat888 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice report; I really enjoyed the read :thumbsup:

7. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shobi...great to see that you and your sis had a fantastic time! Thanks for sharing!

8. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great Report. Like you we always seem to find something else to add to our must see or must do list everytime we go to Vegas.

Though the soundtrack isn't from my teenage years (I'm a little odler than that) That was one of my favorite games; though when we were in Vegas there weren't very many of them; and, you really had to look for them.

Back where we belong
  9. shobi

shobi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a footnote, I'm missing vegas so badly, trying to organise a trip for December now!!!

WOOHOO

:drunk:

10. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what happens when you become an addict like the rest of us.:thumbsup:

Back where we belong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.