1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

8/3 to 8/7

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by rock28, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock28

rock28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ill try to break it down into sections so you can skip certain parts if you dont want to read about it.

Monday:

At the airport at 4:00 a.m east coast time and landed in vegas at 10:30 west coast time. Everything went smooth here and was at MGM Grand by 11:15.

Check in: We had two rooms, ours being a celebrity spa suite and my sister and her friend just a standard room. The line was about 10 deep but moved quickly. I did the $20 trick just hoping to get rooms close to each other and hoping not have to wait for a room. Others in front of us said they had to wait until 3 to check in. It worked and we got connecting rooms and were able to check in right away.

Room: The celebrity spa suite was a great deal, for $80 a night I could not ask for a nicer room for the price. The bathroom is huge with a jacuzzi and his and her sinks. The bed and living room area is separated by a dresser that has a rotating TV (although the TV is still the old tube kind). There is plenty of room to party and the room also comes with a fridge and wet bar.

Day: After checking in, I put $100 on black at the first roulette table we saw and won. GREAT START! We then grabbed something to eat then went to check out the strip. I wanted to get some alcohol for the room so we walked down to Planet Hollywood and went to the ABC store. Picked up a bottle of GG and Captain, hit a beer store on the way back for a case of miller lite and dropped it all off at the room.

We then went to check out the pool and got a spot at the main pool. There were tons of kids in the pool and this would be the last day we spent any significant time at the main pool. My wife and sister went to check out Wet Republic and said there were not many people in there. Went back to the room to take a quick nap and get ready around 6.

Night: We had a table set up at XS . We were there a little early so played some black jack at encore and lost $200 quick. We then went over to XS and got in the table reservation line. Met up with our host and got us right in to our table. XS is the nicest club,bar,lounge whatever you want to call them I have ever been in. The music was great as it was a mix of house and hip hop and we had a great time. Our table was right below a pole and that was great entertainment. I let the girls drink the bottle and I started drinking beers which turned into Long islands to AMFers. After 1:00 I don’t remember much besides the video I saw of myself bouncing off doors in the hallway of our MGM rooms. (sorry if you were there and I woke anyone up) I guess it was around 4 a.m when we finally got to bed.

Tuesday:

Day: Woke up around 10:00 with a nice hangover and got dressed to go to the pool. The girls wanted to get to Wet Republic early so they could get the chairs that are in the pool. I could barely eat so i pretty much just ordered food and threw it out. Got to WR around 11:30 and there wasnt much of a crowd. No one had to pay cover, we just walked right in. Had my first drink at noon and it was on again. We had a good time there as the crowd picked up a little but still not crowded. I talked to a host at WR and reserved a party cabana for thursday. They are only $250 food and beverage min which we spent tuesday anyway. I left WR around 4 to go in and play BJ and won around 4 hundred. My wife and sister found me at the tables around 6 and were fired up. They were yelling at the dealers and telling me what to do and how much to bet and were always right. People at the table werent happy when we left but had to get up to the room to get ready.

Night: The girls wanted to do some sight seeing stuff so we went down to freemont street which was pretty cool. Drinks are a lot cheaper down here than on the strip! Like less than half, but anyway probably only spend an hour here then took a cab to the Bellaggio to see the fountains. I gotta say i wasnt too impressed with them and they look better on TV and movies that i have seen. After this it was around 11 and i think the east coast time was finally catching up to us. We were planning on going to the palms but decided to just go back to MGM. We were in bed by 1:00.

Wednesday:

Day: The girls spent the day shopping and i spent the day gambling. I had some decent luck and stayed around even for the day but still up a few hundred for the trip. (down alot if you count my wifes shopping bill) I was feeling pretty good from all the free drinks and went up to the room around 4 to get ready.

Night: We had show tickets for KA at 9:30 and a table set up at Wasted Space. We grabbed something to eat at Wolfgang Pucks bar and Grill at MGM which was probably my favorite meal of the trip. I had the Prime burger which was great. We then went to KA which was entertaining but took a little too long.

We got to Wasted Space just before 12 and got right in and into our table. . Wasted Space was a great time, the music was incredible as it was a mix of rock, hip hop, and old school stuff. Just a really good energy in the place. They also had a guy drumming the whole time who was really good. The place is really small so a table is a must in there. The dance floor and the bar are kind of in the same space so getting drinks without a table would be difficult. In my opinion, the CO-ED bathroom thing has to go. Having to wait in line to take a piss sucks and you had to do this just about everytime. Although it does make for some interesting conversations. I also feel bad for the attendent guy who i saw having to break up guy/girl couples twice from going into the same stall. Also, the staff at wasted space were a good group of people. They all seemed to love what they were doing and had fun with the crowd dancing and all that. Final note: our tab was just over $400 after tip which was less than half what we spend at XS.

Left WS when they closed around 3 or so and went to Hooters for their .25 cent wing deals. I knew when i first saw that sign we would be there because my wife loves their wings. You cant beat 40 wings for 10 bucks but i was dissapointed that there were no hooters girls, just waiters in Dan Marino jerseys. Back to MGM after that and in bed between 4-5.

Thursday:

Day: Woke up early again to get to Wet Republic early so the girls could get their lounge chairs in the pool . Also had the party cabana set up. WR opened their doors around 11:30 and by 12:30 they had a good crowd there. They dont have a DJ there during the week just a mix tape playing but the music is still pretty good. I just wished they played a different tape as it was identical to what they played Tuesday. We stayed there until around 5 or so and were pretty wasted by the time we left.

Night: We headed over to the Venetian as the plan was to go to Tao. The girls wanted to eat something so we went to a Italian place in there which proved to be a mistake. There was nothing wrong with the food, it was actually pretty good but just took our buzz away and made us really tired again. I wanted to check out Tao so we went up there and they had pretty big line already. It was only 10 so i dont even think they opened yet but the girls didnt want to wait in line so we left and ended up not doing much for the night. Just hit the BJ tables again and won a small amount.

Friday:

Day: We asked about the cababa again at Wet for friday but the min was now $1k. A little out of our price range so we declined. My sister and her friend went out shopping again so it was just me and the wife. We got into WR around 12:30 and crowd was easily double what it was thursday. On Friday they have their house DJ playing and the crowd was crazy. During the week it is pretty chill and relaxing in there but Friday it was a party. So saw some pretty crazy stuff had a great time and met some fun people. Figures the day we are leaving but thats the way it goes. We stayed there until they kicked us out and went and got our bags together. Finished off what alcohol we had left in the room and went over to excalibur to get something to eat. We went to Dicks Last Resort as a buddy told me to go there and we had fun there. They mess with everyone in the place and the waiters are "dicks" to everyone. Finally it was off to the airport and home we had to go. Flight left at 12:50 am west coast time and we got home at 11:30 east coast time. Man that was a rough flight! Sometime inbetween the pool and dinner i lost around $400 bucks on the BJ tables at MGM. I probably ended down around $100 for the whole trip so i cant complain as i was up most of the week.

Overall we had a blast in Vegas and next time i will be going during the weekend. I am glad we did it this way first though because now i know what to expect. Already made a deal with the wife so as soon as the CC are paid off we will be back. Thank you to everyone on this board who helped me out with my trip. You guys really gave good advice and without out it i would of spent more money and not have had so much fun.

2. rock28

rock28 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. Jamie in PA

Jamie in PA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks!!

4. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice TR. Thanks for Posting.

later, GVJ

5. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing!

6. pumpkinfish

pumpkinfish Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great read :) Also loved the pics! Looks like ya'll had a blast!

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a blast!! I enjoyed your report and the photos!:eek:

8. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR and nice photos of the room /pool area

seems you all have a fun time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.