1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games 7th trip to Vegas and I finally played that game where you spin the big wheel.

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by matti, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't remember what it's called, but it's the game where you put chips down on the table and they spin a big wheel. If your number comes up, you win. It's not roulette, though. I played it for a few hours on my last night in town and it was a blast. I felt it was a fun way to spread my gambling dollars while having fun. Ended up having a good time talking to the "spinner" and an interesting fellow from Mexico. Also played blackjack for the first time ever and went from $45 to about $115 in half an hour!

2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think it's called Big Six. Never played it as it looks like it has horrible odds.

3. elrohir44

elrohir44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is called Big Six and, yes, it has horrible odds. I think only keno has worse odds than the Big 6 wheel. That's why you are able to make such small bets on it.

4. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I certainly know it has horrible odds! I just had a blast, however, because I could make $20 last forever while having a few drinks and chatting up the other players and the "spinner." Lots of fun!

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with you. Even though the odds are horrible we played this at our last trip at MGM. We had a big group for a bachelor party and this was the only table that we could all sit at together. Drink service was incredibly fast that night and we all sat down with $20 played $2 a game and got like 4 rounds of drinks in no time. Plus it helped that we were always putting money on the 2 spots that payed 40:1 and we hit it 3 times. None of us were expecting to win anything. It was really just to get drink service and the dealer was entertaining us.
    Our dealer said it best-- we were "a bunch of idiots for playing a game with such bad odds... but we were a bunch of lucky idiots" --- lol

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have played this game several times and found it fun. I know it has awful awful odds, but my money last a long time, I get great drink service and the people are always having fun. I can't tell you how many times, over the years, we walk by this game, and shake our heads at those "silly people who don't know the odds". But then this last trip, I was one of those "silly people". :evillaugh

:beer::beer::beer:

7. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I never played that, always looked like one of those carnival games. Did you win? What was your favorite bet? Glad you had fun!

8. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always play it once or twice during my trip I put 20$ on 1$ trying to double my money( yeah i know i have better odds at roulette) but its just for fun

Win or lose i leave after 1 spin

9. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is true--thanks for reminding me!

10. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Horrible odds. No self-respecting gambler would play such a game - except:

Many years ago I was in Freeport, Bahamas on a day junket and had taken a whipping at craps all day. I was down to my last $5.00.

Dejected and desperate, I passed the Big Six game with my single remaining $5.00 check. Yep. You guessed it. I put it on the Joker....

The wheel spins. Around it goes. Clickity, clickity, clack.....

Joker!! They pay me $200.00 and I'm back in action! I ended up breaking even for the day after a final flurry of winners at the crap table!!

Ever since, I've been good to my word and have never played it again. But now and again I'll pass a Big Six wheel and amreminded of my sad, pathetic, and beautiful desperation play.

NFL Divisional Playoffs!!
  11. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is great. You can boast as being one of the few lifetime winners at BigSix!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.