1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

7 nights at Aria, 3/23-30

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tls030583, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just returned from a 7 night stay at Aria from 3/23-3/30 that was a combination of work and fun! Below are some categories you may be interested in . . . .

Hotel-ARIA
    Very nice. Received a wonderful offer from MLIFE for a King Deluxe Room. The average room stay was $103 per night plus tax/resort fee (some nights were $78, some were $149). Tried the $20 trick upon check-in and asked for a suite and was offered a $50 per night upgrade to a junior suite. Politely declined because I didn't think work would appreciate the additional charge (5 nights of my stay was for a conference). I told the clerk to keep the $20 (for good luck!) and when I was unpacking I was delivered a fancy box of gourmet rice crispy treats. The room was 100x better than Monte Carlo (where we've always stayed up until this trip). We did have an incident where the maids came in while we were away and took our towels but didn't replace them and neither my husband nor I realized until we'd showered (we were in the room at different times). I told the front desk about it and they remedied it right away.

MyVegas Rewards
    Between my husband and I we redeemed 6 rewards.
    -Pastry at Jean Phillipe. I chose a cinnamon roll one morning and they comped my iced latte too, SCORE!
    -Crepe at Jean Phillipe. Yummers. Again, they comped my iced latte too, SCORE AGAIN!
    -Pizza and beer at Five 50. Delicious. I chose the margarita pizza and a glass of 312 beer (the only choices were bud light and 312).
    -$50 Food Credit to Monte Carlo. We used it during happy hour at Brand at the Monte Carlo (2x1 all drinks from 5-8 daily, best happy hour in Vegas IMO). I had two martini's and a double shot of expresso, my husband had 2 nice bourbons on the rocks. We shared calamari. The bill was exactly $49 and we left him a cash tip.
    -2 Aria Lunch Buffets. Pretty good. It was a Friday during lent so lots of seafood though I missed seeing oysters. I always enjoy the Aria buffet and I'm sure why it gets such a bad rap. I also added the $12.99 all you can drink pass to my buffet. It wasn't worth it IMO bc I only had 2 mimosas. Just wasn't in the mood to drink I think. Would be a great deal if you're in the mood to drink.
    -$100 Bar Credit for Fuel the Duel at the Pub at the MC. Well, if we had to do it over again we'd do this with friends. We waited until our last night to redeem this. The hostess said no food on it (which I've read on here some are able to do). I actually chickened out because we'd just had dinner (off the strip at the Yard House) and something made me sick. My husband met a friend (who's a local) around 10:30 for drinks but didn't realize the friend had quit drinking. The Pub closes promptly at 12 midnight so my husband rang up a $47 bar tab in an hour and half and had to forfeit the rest.

Noteable Dining Experiences
    -Julian Serrano at Aria. I did this by myself before my husband arrived. I went for happy hour (4-5:30pm weekdays). I managed to try 3 small plates and had 3 glasses of Sangria in about an hour. I was typsy afterwards to say the least. It really wasn't enough food for me to complete a meal but everything was delicious and the bartender was super friendly.
    -Brand Happy Hour (twice). This a GREAT deal! Still 2x1 ALL drinks from 5-8 daily, plus $9 apps. I did this once by myself before my husband arrived and once with my husband. I love the different uniquely flavored martinis.
    -Aria Lunch Buffet. Yummy food, HORRIBLE service. One girl had about 12 tables in our section some of them had 6-8 people. She just couldn't keep up.
    -Border Grill Brunch. AHHHH-MAZING!! I could go on and on and on. My favorite Vegas meal by far. Ever. All you can eat small plates (made to order) of authentic latin and mexican food. $35 per person plus $10 unlimited mimosas (w/ 8 juices to choose from) AND I had a b1g1 free coupon from signing up to their mailing list. My husband, whom is never impressed by expensive meals, was even happy. I had probably 5 cucumber and lemon mimosas that were to die for. They had just switched up the brunch menu and it was the first day they were trying it out. Our favorites were the oyster rockerfeller and the breakfast fries but everything was good. The servers were nice, super friendly, helpful and attentive. They didn't rush you or make you feel like you were eating or drinking too much. We will we back!!
    -Five50 Pizza. I had this twice on my trip. Both times I had the margarita pizza. My husband tried some other varieties. $5.50 per slice from the counter and one of the few true grab-n-go options at Aria. Beware on the weekends though because the line was ridiculously long.
    -Dragon Noodle at MC. Really good. $9.99 lunch special that included soup and entree w/fried rice and a spring roll. No sushi until 4pm. I had orange chicken and my husband had kung pao chicken. We also enjoyed a pot of oolong tea. Service and food were both great.

SPA at Aria
    Every trip to Vegas I always do the "spa pass" (usually at Aria, even if we aren't staying there). For Aria it is $30 for unlimited access to all amenities for the day. I LOVE this place. The salt room and warm chinese beds (whatever they are called) are unique to this particular hotel. They also have an outdoor co-ed infinity jacuzzi that overlooks the pools. Hot teas, coffee, soft drinks, juices, bottled water, infused water, pretzels, fruit and peanuts are all at your disposal. I spent a little over 2 hours there and would have stayed longer except it was Friday and was beginning to get crowded. Well worth the money.

Monorail
    My convention was at the Las Vegas Convention Center, a hearty haul from Aria, and I boarded the Monorail at the MGM every morning. In all my trips to Vegas I had never utilized the monorail and I am so glad I did! Though it was about a 30 minute or so walk from my room to MGM, the monorail took me right to the convention and was fast. I never had to wait very long. This allowed me to stay in a hotel other than the conference hotels but still access to the Convention Center without a cab.

Construction at Monte Carlo
    The new entrance to Monte Carlo is complete! Some of the sidewalks are partially blocked around the area. It isn't perfect yet but very easily accesible.

Gambling
    My husband bet sports. I played slots and roulette. Over the course of a 7 night stay, we managed to break even on gaming! That's a win for me! We found these fun "fishing tournament" slots at Cosmo, Luxor, Excalibur and had a blast on those. I played Wheel of Fortunes and hit $60 wins twice. I hit a "0" on roulette and won $90. My husband did miserable on his sports betting. My husband won $300 on a monopology game at Aria, I hit $300 on a fish game at Bellagio.

MLIFE
    It looks like we're only 5,000 points away from Gold after this trip. How did that happen? That would easily be accumulated with $200 more in charges from food or hotel. Geez! We did get a $100 resort credit as part of our Winter offer and that came in handy.

Drink Service
    Pretty good everywhere. Probably quickest at Cosmo, least attentive at Bellagio. Aria falls somewhere in the middle. As does Monte Carlo. I tend to pick a game to play near the cocktail waitresses though!

That's my VERY lengthy report! Thanks for reading =) Please pardon the spelling and grammar errors and typos . . . I'm still recovering from returning to Eastern time after being on Pacific time for 8 days, oh and from having a toddler who missed us terribly=)

2. sam_marques

sam_marques High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report! Lots of detail, I'm planning on Jullian Serrano and Brand happy hour for my trip, I'm on a solo trip so glad to know you enjoyed both by yourself.

Mommys Solo Trips
  3. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your report was excellent! It also convinced me to exchange a myvegas reward in order to get the Brand Steakhouse Reward.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  4. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome report!! Thanks so much for sharing ;-)

5. good4uccm

good4uccm Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome TR, will be Staying at Aria Easter week and have almost the same Rewards you had! Thanks for the great info!

6. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report and thanks for sharing! In a few weeks, I plan to have happy hour at Julian Serrano at Aria as well. I hope it's good! :thumbsup:

Annual Golf Trip
  7. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great work, thanks.
    The 30$ for the spa is one day? Is it waived if your are in the skysuites? Do you need an appt to go down to it (not for a massage-but the things U partook in.
    Cheers

8. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice write up. Thanks for posting. Enjoyed the restaurant section. We're gonna have to try Julian Serrano and the Border Grill 'small plates' deal. We had lunch there last year utilizing a Restaurant.com cert. Glad we did.

later, GVJ

9. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Love the Aria spa. The monorail is kind of out of the way in the boonies of MGM, wish there was something running up the middle of the strip (or in front of the hotels). Sucks it was such a long walk to and from the station.

10. tagac27

tagac27 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! It sounded like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing. Aria sounds very nice.

11. sammowhammo

sammowhammo VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome TR - thanks for the tip on Brand, we will have to check it out.

You are right - breaking even is a win!

12. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey GVJ, is this the same field in Texas that your profile image?

[​IMG]

13. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jdvegas - no. But that is a fine picture. Bluebonnets and Longhorns. Can't get much more Texas than that. Thanks for posting the pic.

later, GVJ

14. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $30 is for a "day pass." No RSVP needed. You can arrive whenever, leave whenever and even return as many times as you'd like during that day. I doubt the fee is waived for Spa Suites guests, but I could be wrong.

I also forgot to mention that I went to dinner at the Hash House a Go Go located off strip on Saharra. This was a meal w/ a vendor and they paid. The service was slow and the food was OK. Defintely a sight to see, but not that tasty in my opinion. I had the chicken and waffles, which were beautiful, but just missing something.

15. bahecasmart

bahecasmart Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question re: the Fuel the Duel reward on MyVegas... WHen it says "Premium Seating" is that just for 2 people We have a group of 10 ... and am trying (so far no luck) to get 2 of those rewards - one on my husband's card, one on mine. Would they seat us all premiumly? (I know that's not a word..)
    TIA

16. tls030583

tls030583 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Plan ahead for this rewards if you want it! I had to camp out on the computer at 10am and keep refreshing until it was available. This is for sure one that goes fast. It is specifically the $50 food credit at Monte Carlo but we used it at Brand during happy hour.

17. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont think they waive the fee for skysuites prob charge to room and they would take off the backend. Wife loved the spa there and said was well worth it.

18. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say you had a good time especially for break even on the gaming for that long of a trip. Lots of fun and dining it sounds like. Love 550 pizza.

19. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They allowed you to use the buy 1 get 1 entree at Border Grill for the brunch? Just want to make sure before we attempt it. I've always wanted to do their brunch. Thanks!

20. VegasSlot

VegasSlot Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria Spa

Is Bathing Suit Optional at Aria Spa?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.