1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$658 rt ewr/las

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by jerseyguy, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Totally rediculous! Just checked our flights next month to see what they would be if we had to pay for them . United nonstops.,Now with the merger with Continental the service charge for using miles is $77.50.From now on unless we get freebees we aint goin' nowhere!

2. Kathy98

Kathy98 Tourist

What is $658

Please tell me it is not EWR to Las

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry if I wasnt clear about that,Kathy

I was referring to airfare on United Airlines ,non-stop between Newark and Las Vegas specifically on 5/9-5/15(our travel days). Hope this doesnt mess up your plans and I dont enjoy being the bearer of bad news .Maybe the fares will come down this week ,good luck!

4. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most flights are expensive within a month before the flight.

There are no service fees for redeeming United miles if you:

A. Book online ($25 via phone unless something is wrong with their website).
    B. Book 21+ days in advance.

Fares will only go up within the last 10 days before a flight so if you MUST book, you are better off booking today.

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check alternate airports like Atlantic City, Philadelphia, LaGuardia, JFK. Drive a little, save a lot.

6. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep, we've been sitting around waiting for airfare to go down. we also want to fly ewr to las nonstop. we aren't going to be out there until mid june, but we can't afford paying more than $400 pp (we payed $230 last september!). we may have to bump our trip, but i want to give a year's notice for our wedding, and we won't be able to go that if we go to vegas later than june.

7. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I checked flights for august just to compare

I think they were around $550 ,still pricey,I wonder why the website quotes amounts of miles +$77.50 ? I booked when it was still Continental and the online charge was $5 if I recall. Like Hammie said you can check other airlines and airports but forget Spirit from ACY unless you like long layovers and arriving the next day.

8. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK, I figured something out

They must increase the service charges for reward travel when you are within so many days of flight. I checked June and it's $5 RT,unless the website is messed up ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.