1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

51's game?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Srvanwyk, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering going to a game this week and was wondering if anyone has gone before? Is it worth the trip for a group of guys to make? Just something to break up the gambling with out doing a show on the strip! Thanks

2. NeonAndBeach

NeonAndBeach Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thursday home games are Dollar beer (Bud). They draw around 4000 a game in a park that holds over 9000, so you have some elbow room in the bleachers.

As a local, I confess that I'm not sure of the cab situation after the game. There used to be a cab phone outside the gate. One very common thing to do here in town is to get the cell phone number of the cab that drops you off, and he'll usually be happy to come back and get you (tip him decent on the trip there). Or, if he's off by then, he'll give you the number of a buddy cab driver.

You are exactly a mile from the park gate to Fremont Street if you get stuck. Although not the best part of town, it isn't the worst. You are right on Las Vegas Blvd (The Strip). A group of guys should be OK.

Cheap fun if you just want to hang out and don't care who wins or loses.

3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There have been posts in the past about where not to sit in terms of sun if you're there in the heat of summer, so try searching. I don't like baseball so I've not been (have been trying to get to a Wranglers game for years but my timing is always off :-(

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a lot of fun especially on dollar beer night.:beer::beer:

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very fun night. It will be hot, and the sun will be around for the first few innings in the summer so be prepared. Beer and food a little more expensive than the average minor league stadium, but not as expensive as an MLB game. Thursday home game with $1 Bud night sounds like the best deal and I will try to catch a game June 19th.

6. Srvanwyk

Srvanwyk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.