1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

4 Ladies with lots of luggage taking a cab

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by LadyShaye, Apr 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if we need to do anything special...if we will even fit in a cab to go from one hotel on the strip to one downtown? 3 of us are bringing 2 suitcases each and the other is bringing one...not to mention whatever we carry on. Would a cab/suv work for us? Do we have to call in advance?

2. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would definitely be a case where I wouldn't hesitate setting up a limo. It might fit, some cabs trunks are very large, but a limo would be much more comfortable and fun - plus, it might take you two taxis - and 1 limo split 4 ways won't cost a lot more than two taxis.

If you are a player that ends up with back end comps, set it up through the hotel, otherwise I've seen lots of recommendations on here for Presidential.

Have fun! :)

3. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I should have mentioned we are getting a limo from the airport to the first hotel....and I did ask about transfers to the other hotel stays but it was pretty expensive. Even if we had to take two cabs I think it would still be cheaper than the price I was quoted.

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

ya'll take the limo to the first hotel... then then the others take a cab from there...

5. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it would be cheaper for 2 cabs, but maybe not much more for a limo/suv. I missed it wasn't from the airport :)S sorry), at some hotels you can pick up a SUV or something and negotiate a little bit, but that can vary. Absolute worst case would be two cabs if you don't mind doing it that way. Though some cabs have GIANT trunks :)

6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Cadillac Escalade limo is $102 RT thru presidential limo--not much more than 2 cabs RT.
    There are cabs that are suvs/small vans & have considerable space for luggage. They can get you into one of those. It should run you about $25 each way.

7. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure whether they offer it, but you may want to call Bell or one of the other airport shuttle companies. Tell them that you'll want to transfer from XXX hotel on the strip to XXXX hotel downtown. Tell them the date & time you want. They may very well let y'all do that for $9 each.

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two suitcases plus carry on? How many weeks are you staying? :)

9. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 nights/7 days! Only taking that much because SW says they will allow us to!

10. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha, I can understand this :)

11. ngrund

ngrund Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    many times the limo drivers are just waiting around for a call in front of the hotel-they cannot join the cab line or solicit fares, but you can go up to the driver and just ask how much he'll charge to get your group to the next hotel

12. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, thank you!

13. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    um craziness. Only 1 bag needed. Don't stress yourselves out. Do Vegas!!

14. LadyShaye

LadyShaye Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back.....we took a minivan cab to the downtown hotel.....when we were coming back to a strip hotel the bellman at the D set us up with a stretch hummer - so much fun!!!

15. jf3976

jf3976 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great! Sounds like he may have scored you a deal? :)

16. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just saw this thread - glad it all worked out.

In October when we went, my son who is in the service, was moving from one base to another so he had FIVE bags and the three of us each had one. We were able to get the four of us and the luggage in the cabs, but I think my son had to have a duffle bag on his lap one time...lol It is amazing how those cabbies can fit everything in! There was just one time that the cab driver drove up, looked at our luggage, and then waved the next cabbie over saying there was no way he could do it.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.