1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

30 day limit-explain me like I'm a moron?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by LolaDoggie, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not understanding the 30 day limit. I've read the info on the MyVegas site and it's not making sense. I should be able to make 2 more redemptions right now and it's not letting me. I thought I'd ask the group before asking MLife.

2. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep looking here for feedback.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  3. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe this will help:

I just got back from a Vegas trip using 3 MyVegas rewards. I'm purchasing 3 more for my next trip in April, so when I purchase one in the game with my LP's, it gives me a warning about are you sure, blah blah blah, no more than 3 in 30 days etc etc. I just click yes it's ok and it lets you complete the reward.

Is this your issue? I can't see why you would have any other problem unless you have 2 trips to Vegas within 30 days and are trying to use 3 rewards for each!

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I couldn't cash in more than 3 rewards in the same month. It didn't occur to me that they don't want me to use more than 3 rewards in the same month.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can REDEEM (within the game) as many reward as you want, but you can only USE 3 rewards every 30 days.

So, if you USED 3 rewards today February 23 in Vegas, you can't use any more MyVegas rewards until March 26 (30 days).

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget, you also can not use more than 1 reward in a "batch". So if you want to use the same rewards over and over you can't.

7. veovis23

veovis23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Combine Shock and sweetcanadian and you have pretty much the perfect answer.

-One reward per "batch". If a reward gets pulled and reissued (typically there is a change in the usable language or LP cost) you might have a 2nd bite at the apple.

-Rolling 30 day window of usage for you limit of 3 (or possibly more if you have purchased chips, but that is a whole other topic), just like what Shock said.

-Usage counts for when the item is actually consumed. i.e. you buy a hotel reward 2/25/14 for a trip on 5/25/14, you won't have used that reward until 5/25/14 (though the moment you reserve the room you lose the ability to get the LPs refunded)

-3 rewards is the standard for redemption of MGM property rewards, however you can get more than 3 is you are adding on partner rewards.

8. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind you can PURCHASE as many rewards as you'd like. But you can only REDEEM three in a 30 day window.

I purchased 4 rewards before my trip as I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use. I redeemed three and was refunded the 4th unused reward. They will refund any unused reward as long as you request the refund within 90 days of the initial purchase.

9. bubbahead

bubbahead Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So let me get this straight:

If my trip is 90 days from now, I can redeem a total of 3 rewards per month for a total of 9 rewards for my trip?

10. TheJackal

TheJackal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

No you cannot. Redeeming is the day you use them. In your example you would be redeeming 9 rewards in the same 30 day window. That is not allowed. You can only redeem 3.

11. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does this mean I won't be able to have two of the 24 hour Take 2 buffet passes at the same time?

12. TheJackal

TheJackal Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question. Normally the answer would be 'no' but this reward is listed twice. Once under Luxor and once under Excaliber (view by Categories > Restaurants and you will the two of them side by side). You may be able to get away with ordering one of each from the same myVegas account. Let us know if it works out. To be 100% sure you can order 1 each from two different MyVegas accounts.

13. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its not a 24 hour pass like the CET pass it a day pass

When i redeemed mine last month mlife desk person told me i had to have my 1st meal at luxor since its where i redeemed it

14. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They also make you wear a bracelet that shows you have the all day buffet pass. Mine said "Trashy Castle" (Excalibur) in huge letters. Tried to hide it under my long sleeve shirt while playing Black Jack at Caesar's Palace to no avail. :rolleyes2:

15. Pancakes

Pancakes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm... thanks for the heads up. I might re-consider then!

16. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, this may have just thrown a monkey wrench into my plans. I'm planning on redeeming 2 lunch buffets at Bellagio, one for me, one for wife. Does the "batch" refer to things like that? I can't get a reward for me and the wife to enjoy a lunch?

17. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its impossible to get the same reward twice, you either can get a free lunch for you and she pays or you can get the 2 for 1 reward

18. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you can buy the 2 buffet reward that's like a zillion points.

Basically, bottom line.

THREE DIFFERENT rewards PER TRIP.

There are a few exceptions, but that's generally the rule. Yes, things are available as 1 pass or ticket or night for a reason, they want you to purchase a 2nd. Or have your significant other or friend rack up points too.

19. warpdrvr

warpdrvr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks...I'll just hope that she gets enough XP herself to get that reward...otherwise she's out 33.99 (or what ever it costs) :wink2:

But I can get another pass to Aria, right?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  20. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Limit 1 of each reward per person. If your wife gets enough points for that reward, then she can get it, but it is considered her reward.

As for batches, something about the reward has to change (cost in points, etc) for it to be considered in a new batch. Only then could you get and use a second of that reward in the same trip. But I'm pretty sure the Aria buffet rewards haven't changed in quite some time.

Short answer. No.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.