1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker 30/6/5 Bonus

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by VegasLover8, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

I know that the 6 is for full house and 5 is for flush. What does the 30 stand for when I see posts stating "30/6/5 Bonus"?

Does 30 replace the 40 coins when you get 4oak 2-4? And the other 4 oak stay the same?

I only play JOB and Bonus. And I know 9/6 and 8/5 are full pay for those games. I generally don't look at the other lines.

Was planning on playing at TAG bar to get some craft beers. And I guess they don't have JOB.

2. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a bastardized version of BP that has infiltrated CET bartops. The payout for ALL quads is 30, which is stupid because that's not really BP. Basically, it's the exact same as 6/5 JOB, except quads pay 30 instead of 25......CET bartops have gotten REALLY shitty.

3. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also on the floor at some places too...

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed when 30/6/5 Bonus (96.18%) is the best game on your bartops, your bartops are shit. Looking at you CET and Mirage. And yeah, the "bonus" is spread over all quads like JoB.

The full pay version of this variant is fine 35/8/5 (99.66%), but I don't know anywhere in Vegas that has it. 8/5 "Treasure Chest" at MSS/Cal/Fremont is close to it (99.56%). 35/8/5 Bonus is my go-to game at my local. Probably playing it next week.

But if you're playing at TAG only, you can ignore all this. They still have "traditional" 6/5 Bonus (96.87%). They also have 7/5 JoB (96.15%), but I would recommend Bonus for better return/more fun.

The highest payback available is 7/5 Triple Bonus Plus (97.67%). But that game plays/swings like DDB. :( I don't recommend going 0 for lifetime on Royals and quad Aces-4s on it. I definitely have paid for all that delicious beer thru my crap results there. The beer will keep me coming back though!

5. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I particularly like the 35/8/5 BP at $5.
    No w-2g on quads, but still a decent win (875). And the 2-for-1 on 2-pairs keeps you afloat.

6. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

Wow! I was guessing it was only on the 4OAK on 2-4, and the rest of the 4OAKs were the same.

Good to hear they have "regular" BP even though it is only 6/5 at TAG. Like grosx2 said, 30/6/5 BP is like 6/5 JOB with very little extra bonus.

I'm strictly playing at TAG for the beer and will live with the paytables especially if I'm getting some good Belgians.

7. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Technically they aren't supposed to comp above $7 for gold members (not sure which Belgians fall at or below $7, but I would hope they would let "Fin du Monde" slide), but if you show you plan to stick around to drink and play for awhile, they will not worry about the strict rules as much. I do clearly remember them telling me no Chimay though when i asked about comp rules in the past. Too expensive. Same for bombers. But I've got a bomber comped though before because they knew I would be there for the "long haul".

Unfortunately this doesn't list price, but here is the list of beers available as of this summer, subject to availability/change. Belgians are in the top left of the first pic. Images courtesy of grosx2, thanks again buddy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chimay is still comped at BOND in the Cosmo btw.

9. tringlomane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know. I should try that next time, still never had one. I'm not much on Belgians; I usually get Sculpin there instead. They also have "traditional" 6/5 Bonus as their best game for quarters at all Cosmo bartops, VegasLover. Queue Bar has some with progressives.

10. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go... go early... Bond is a very difficult place to find a gaming position at night. They had a DJ this Monday, the bar was crazy busy but I founnd 1 spot. Sadly most everyone else is not gambling.

Funny if I saw 35/8/5 bonus I probably would not play it...but offer me a chance to open a 1199 treasure chest and I will play the shit out of that game!

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.