1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 night Comp at MGM

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bossplayer21, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I go on my mlife account online and click my offers, I have a spring offer for 3 nights comp and $75 in resort credit. I wanted to stay 5 nights on an upcoming trip so the price break down for each night is free, free, free, $100, $112 for a total of $212 then add in a resort fee of $32 and tax it came to $390

The mlife site says to call the VIP desk to book and mention offer code xxxxxx. So I call and give them my player card number and mention the offer code and she comes back and says Im showing rates those days for $34, $39, $39, $39, $39 with resort fees and tax it comes to ~$350.

Im a little confused because she didn't say anything about 3 nights comp but the total price is cheaper than the mlife offer on the website says it should be. Does anyone know if this is normal or ever had this happen to them? Should I call and ask about the comp nights or since Im cheaper than the mlife offer and still have the $75 resort credit call it good?

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

If the comp offer covers the dates you are looking to go, I would ask to use that offer and then see if you can get the rates they quoted you for the remainder of the nights.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don;t know why she would have quoted you different rates than what the website did.

Occasionally (OK more than occasionally), the prices used as the base price for a Tier Discount on MLife don;t match the current rack rates you'd find on the hotel's web site booking engine. And in those cases, I call to book. But I've never run into a situation like you describe.

If the rates she quoted you end up being cheaper, then why not take it? Just make her confirm to you that it's being booked under offer name [whatever] or offer code [whatever], and bring a copy of the mailer, or email, or a screenshot with you when you go.

One other thing - I get property-specific offers from MGM Grand and Aria for which I usually receive both an email and a mailer. The emails and mailers mention Freeplay, but the online offer doesn't. If you're getting 3 comp nights and $75 in resort credit, I'd be surprised if there wasn't a freeplay component also; it could be as much as $100. So I'd ask about that as well.

4. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    im on the phone now and they trying to figure out what the original lady did...and I owe Sindustry a few beers because they ended up giving me 3 of those nights comped!!! Even though I know they basically merged two different promotional offers into one for me. Has anyone ever been lucky enough to merge multiple promotions on the same trip?

Thanks for the advice

5. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boss, when you looked it up online it probably just randomly assigned the days you had to pay for on the last 2 days. In my experience, when VIP services books the room for you, they put the comp days on the most expensive days and they have you pay for the cheapest days.

6. Bossplayer21

Bossplayer21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep they applied the comp to the 3 most expensive days. I've never been offered a comp before so I'm new to this game. They basically allowed me to combine two different offers from my account. I'm very happy:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.