1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2nd Annual Drunk-a-palooza (name needs work, I know)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by crp62885, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I figure I'll take a shot at this whole trip report thing.

Headed out On Jan 8th until Jan 12th for what me and 2 friends have dubbed as a now annual trip. I work retail (manage a Verizon Wireless store) So its nice to have this vacation to look forward to after the super busy season for us.

Only Photo I mananged to take from last years events, im on the left.

47603_10101125646547515_1812130445_n.jpg

This year, we'll be staying at Planet Hollywood. We stayed there last year as well, and loved it.

Major difference this year from last: Last year, one of the guys in my group knew a High Roller that was out there the same time as us. He invited us to be part of his group, and we got taken care of very well... due to another person in that group complaining our bets weren't big enough for them, we were not invited back this year.

Also, we're bringing a 4th person with us, a Vegas Newbie. I always get a little more excited when someone comes along that has never been.

I am bringing a gambling bankroll around 2000 this year (about double what I had last year, had the best nov/dec at work ever!)

I will say, this is more a drinking trip for us than gambling.. I tend to play BJ/Craps in the $10 range, and some slots mixed in, as well as sports bets. one other guy (Todd) Min bets EVERYTHING he can (drives me nuts, but he plays for longevity, not to win) and the third (Randy) plays mostly poker.

Flying Southwest out of Boston, with a stop in Denver

I figure i'd post this far in advance to commit to posting a report, cant promise it will be live, but will do the best I can.

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to the report - have fun and good luck!

3. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Testing taptalk

4. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks about the pinhead in the group last year complaining about your bet size.. not entirely sure how that impacts the fun factor.

I love the PH. This coming trip is the first one I'm staying away from it at another CET property simply because I feel too comfortable there. :)

Have a blast! We all count on these reports to get us through to our next adventure...

5. RonDiaz

RonDiaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Drunk-a-Palooza sounds good to me. I get mine started Sunday. Have a blast

6. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not sure what his issue was, I have a feeling it has to do with Tipping dealers and whatnot.. he was always cranky it seemed.. We tipped based on our bets, not on their bets.. hell, im bettin 10-20 a hand while a few of they guys were betting 500+. I cant tip on that, especially seeing two of their bets was my whole bankroll for the trip! lol

7. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Decided since I've been fortunate this past year, I would spring for a limo from the airport (I HATE the shuttles honestly) and not tell the guys about it until we get to the airport and they see my name on a sign. (always wanted that feeling like im a rockstar or somthing!) Got in touch with the Host at PH and he got me what I think is a pretty good rate, $60. I wont complain one bit.

More excited to see the look on the guys faces when we arrive in style this time!

8. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, im not sure how this got into "Misc" can a mod move this to the "trip report" section?

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Request it be moved to TR section the day before you leave.

10. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just read the faq. Thanks.

11. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The longest week is always the week before a Vegas trip. Let the countdown begin!!!

12. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cant lie... my countdown started on day 137.. they day I booked the flights! lol

13. abrolsma

abrolsma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My trip is last week in March. *guilty* [emoji48]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  14. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was wide awake at 5am this am... even though my flight isnt until tomorrow... think my body was a little overexcited. Finished packing, including a Handle of Bacardi, and of Captain Morgan (wrapped in towels, then placed in trash bags to be safe). Have one more day of work, then its off to grab some Nips for the plane ride, and hit the ATM. Have to leave for Boston around this 6am tomorrow (have about an hour 15 ride up there). I dont think ill be able to concentrate at all today!

15. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you have a blast!! What part of MA (I'm assuming you live) are you from? I lived in Lynn for a while, fun times lol

16. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live In RI actually.. it was over 100 dollars per person cheaper to fly out of Boston, and fly back into providence.. weird but whatever. Paid 276 round trip. From the east coast ill take that anyday!

17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's really good, I'm assuming through SWA? Contemplating a trip next week myself since it's "only" 340 RT out of DC lol

18. crp62885

crp62885 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, southwest. one stop in Denver on the way there.

19. revante

revante Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck man. Looking forward to the trip report!

20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.