1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

25th Anniversary 5 Sleeps To Go!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Pjcrabs126, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pjcrabs126

Pjcrabs126 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turned 50 in January and the 18th is my 25th Wedding Anniversary. Soooo where else would one go to celebrate ! Viva Las Vegas , Baby ! I used to have my kids count down the sleeps when they were looking forward to something, and let's be honest I've been counting down those sleeps for two months, and I'm down to 5! YEE HAW ! Hubby and I fly out direct on Monday at 5 from good ol Buffalo, with the time change, a fast Pilot and fast Uber driver , hoping to be eating Dinner by 8. My husband and I are probably the most low maintenance peeps you'll ever meet. We live out of our suitcases except if we need something wrinkle free , but to be honest we don't pack much of that. It'll be 5 pairs of shorts, 3 pairs of flip flops, t shirts, tanks and of course the bathing suit. Come on now what else do you need.

Stays are two nights comped at Excalibur 100 FB AND 75 FP, then shimmy down to the Golden Nugget for another two comped nights, pretty much low rollers 1200 BR each for the four days, 300 per day. We have in the past managed to at least come home with half to a third each. I love the slots Pennies mostly and of course a degenerate VP PLAYER quarters , unless I hit a royal (wont hold my breath) been 5 years, then I might get a little crazy and play .50 or 1.00. LOL ! With the help of MyVegas and FB credit, will be having buffet for dinner Monday night and Tuesday morning, lunch at PBR Rock Bar with a $40 Groupon and a steak dinner for to at Vince Neil's with a discount code cost me $24.00 for two 8oz steaks fries and veggie with a bottle of there finest white or red, (don't know about finest) but hey we shall give it a whirl. With the use of free UBER rides (5 of them) we can zip up and down the strip for next to nothing for two days. We will walk a bit as well, love walking the strip, nothing like it !

Once we hit the Nugget on Wed. Our actual Anniversary, friends of ours will be there from Buffalo all arriving Monday and Tuesday, I'll be itching Tuesday night to go there then, but I must restrain my liver from doing such. We have a cabana booked for the day in the upstairs private pool and will have a blast, other than that it's open game the rest of the day and Thursday, can hardly wait to sink my teeth into CLAIM JUMPERS, POT PIE, see low maintenanc. Don't get me wrong I like a filet and crab legs myself with a nice bottle of Riesling but when I'm in Vegas I hate spending 500 on dinner just because it's in Vegas when I can do the same thing at home for 250. And we do it often so not depriving myself of anything while there. Container Park is a must for us love the tiny bars and signature cocktails. Oh and the spiked Popsicles. Hubby loves LET IT RIDE at the 4-Queens so he will be MIA , on Thursday 9pm-4am , he's a grinder, me not so much.

We will depart Friday direct at 10am arrive in BUFFALO 5pm with two days to recoup before work on Monday. Thinking about a trip report but I'm a scardy cat ! Wish us luck.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We leave Sunday to celebrate our 10th Anniversary with an Elvis vow renewal. We have 10 friends traveling with us for the occasion. We live in Ontario and used to fly SW out of Buffalo until their rates went up and we got Westjet Mastercards so fly direct from Toronto on points now. We return Friday too.

I bought the $80 PBR groupon for 4; I have never been there so it will be a lunch stop one day.

Sounds like you have some great plans. Cabana days are always a nice diversion. Have a fabulous, winning trip. Don't be frightened; do a trip report to share your adventures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pjcrabs126

Pjcrabs126 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks breanna PBR LOOKS FUN , congrats on the 10 years. I want to do a report, so with your vote of confidence I just might do that ! The airfare is crazy here, what I do is book one way at a time , and usually get it for about 350-375 round trip. But I don't mind that too much because it's direct. Good luck to you as well ! Lots of good times and good fortune !

4. Pjcrabs126

Pjcrabs126 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 sleeps to go , all packed , mini liquor bottles for plane , singles for tips and BR ready to double !

5. Pjcrabs126

Pjcrabs126 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 sleeps to go Bank run today, envelopes stuffed and ready to drop 60 bucks at the airport bar before we take off !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.