1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

24 Hour Weekend Quickie TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by synthpop101, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synthpop101

synthpop101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Decided to take advantage of a Blackjack Tournament offer from my host at the Cosmo this weekend. Living in LA makes a quick weekend trip like this worth driving up and giving it a chance.

Drove up yesterday (Friday) afternoon. 3 1/2 hours later I arrived at the Cosmo (around 3:30 PM). No problem at VIP check-in...the regular lines were crazy.

They must have had a special VIP or celebrity arriving at the same time because there was a huge reception line of all the executives and managers as I walked in. While checking in we heard loud applause and cheering. I never found out who it was. Maybe it was Nate leaving for his trip to LA. :confused2:

My room is a Terrace Studio overlooking the fountains at Bellagio.[​IMG]

2. synthpop101

synthpop101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After checking into the room, I headed down to Book and Stage for a drink and some VP. About 5 minutes in... [​IMG]

Nice small start.

Played a little BJ, Craps and 3Card then decided to try a few spins of roulette. Nothing...each hit was one or two off.

Took a break at the High Limit Bar and my luck changed...[​IMG]

But not for long....the rest of BJ last night at the Cosmo was horrible.

3. Dpin300

Dpin300 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TR's with pics are the best. Keep 'm coming and good luck!

4. Doughy

Doughy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great view!

Have a victorious day!
  5. synthpop101

synthpop101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the delay....continued...

So the rest of Saturday was fun. Room service for breakfast. Spent quite a bit of time at the BJ tables. Went to Hard Rock and played high limit DD. Better rules than Cosmo. Killed it. Turned $500 buy-in into $3500. Then on to Wynn. Nothing great here. Did decent at the 3-Card Poker table. Won about 15 hands in a row. +$600.

Finally back to Cosmo. No luck what so ever. Had a good dinner at Comme Ca. Braised Short Ribs. Ymm... Was trying to get out of there before 6 but had to wait around for a host to review my account.

Went back up to the room to get my stuff, and house keeping did not even clean up. Although they took a sandwich out of the mini bar fridge and left it on the counter. Very odd...turns out I had the door hanger on 'Please Clean' but someone turned it over to 'Do Not Disturb'. :nono:

Drove back to LA at around 6:45. By that time the Cosmo was packed with people. Bummed I had to leave but it was fun.

BTW - Didn't do well in the tournament. It was the first 50K BJ Tournament they have had. "Testing things out" was one of the comments from the staff. Hopefully they will have more and be more organized. Strange format and the first elimination rounds were Friday night.

6. TimLion

TimLion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR! Love the pics!

Can't wait until April 30th for my trip! (Expect a TR later that week...) :evillaugh

Santé,
    TL

7. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the view from your room. Someday I will stay there...someday.

Thank you for the TR!

8. boo

boo Guest

Nice trip! Quick but profitable. Cosmo pretty much blacklisted me after low playing them for four trips but it was nice while it lasted.

9. synthpop101

synthpop101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you say that. I believe that happened to me with Wynn/Encore. Years ago I received many offers and my Host even setup quite a few trips. At the time I was a green/black chip player. One of the things my Host said on my last trip there when I had her review my play was that I was 'Over Comped' the last several trips. I don't know how because I gave them enough action to at least cover the room. Haven't received anything since and any emails to her have gone unanswered. Poor customer service. Ever since then I have stayed at Cosmo or other properties.

10. boo

boo Guest

Same here, I didn't believe I was low playing them. I was gambling the same amount that actually got me the comps in the first place but I guess they changed their minds and didn't think it was enough after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.