1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

20k coin in per day x 5 days, how much comp?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by scottydoog, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just throwing this one out there.

My last visit my coin in was +/- $20k per day for 5 days, was at the Orleans and and had 1 BR suite, RFB all comp. This play was probably 75% VP & 25% $1-5 slots or penny slots at max bet. None or negligible table play.

I am emerald with Boyd and Diamond with CET, I know I can get Augustus tower w/strip view 5 nights at CP. Never get any decent free-play offers from CET or Boyd, am I missing out on something?

My question is, for that kind of action, what kind of comps could I get at

a) Cosmo
    b) MLife properties (higher end)
    c) Red Rock or GVR
    d) Venetian/Palazzo

Any info/insight greatly appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some better math/adt experts will come along, but I will tell you what I would expect at Mlife with 100k of coin in over 5 days. Should be able to get a suite at any Mlife property and reasonable RFB (unlimited is rare anymore). Limo and at least 2 show tickets. You will also have a bunch of Express Comps to use as well. And will be at Platinum level.

EDIT - I am referring more to up front offers, vs back end comps in the comments above.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would wait for Joe to make comment as far as Boyd goes. He seems to have much better offers and if I recall correctly he says they average (he and the wife) 10-12 K per day on VP. Which is 2/3 or 1/2 of what you are saying you plugged into the machines. Each Boyd property seems to deal with players on different levels. Good luck!!

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that's $15k a day on VP at say 1.5% HA and $5,000 a day on slots at say 8 - 10% HA.

Around $700 a day in theo. That should be enough to get you a standard room at Cosmo, V/P or any MLife property, and maybe a little freeplay and resort credit.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general the VP will not be as good as at Orleans at the Cosmo at the 25c level. But with 20k a day I assume you're up in the $1 or multihand territory. You would be getting close to Gold with Identity which does have some value with the 2 free nights and companion nights which don't count against theo when used. You certainly would be getting marketing offers most likely got 4 nights any day of the week. As for room level, no worse than Terrace 1 bedroom. I've bounced between 2 and 4 nights with my offers and I don't do your level of coin in.

6. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies, to answer on denom level,

95% of VP is at $1 or above or 25c multi line STP or similar. Slot play is at $1-5 max bet, and pennies at max bet always.

7. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, I don't put anywhere near that much through the machines. I think my max bankroll has been $5k per 3-4 day trip. Mostly .25, a little play @ $1 level. <6hrs per day gambling, come home no better than even, usually down a few k. Maybe you can guesstimate coin in from that?

I would assume that you're putting a lot more through the machines than I am. Cosmo consistently gives me marketing offers of 4 days of free rooms (no limit on days). Free play has varied over time (IIRC my max was $250, min was $40). No resort credit. I've never been told it's limited to certain room types. I typically get a terrace 1BR, and I think that's pretty great so I haven't bothered to ask for an upgrade beyond that. Also offers of free tickets to most concerts/events they're holding at the hotel (I've never taken them up on this offer).

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  8. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

I'm pretty sure you're running a lot more through machines than we do at V/P.

We consistently get unrestricted 4 night offers (never had a problem extending this to 5 nights when requested), along with several hundred in free play and some F/B credits. Also typically offered tix to show. Now I play a fair amount of tables, which does not award points, but influences comps, so I'm not sure how that impacts, but I have to think your offer would be at least as good as ours, and likely better.

My friends who have similar betting styles and threshholds and I often compare offers. I'm the only one among us that is loyal to V/P, the others are diehard CET, Mlife, or Cosmo fans. In my experience, it is easier for me to get the exact nights I want and additional nights upon request than it is for them, however they often have better offers regarding amount of free play or resort credits than I get. Whether this is just the way the companies comp, or factors related to our requests or hosts I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.