1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

20k coin in per day x 5 days, how much comp?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by scottydoog, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just throwing this one out there.

My last visit my coin in was +/- $20k per day for 5 days, was at the Orleans and and had 1 BR suite, RFB all comp. This play was probably 75% VP & 25% $1-5 slots or penny slots at max bet. None or negligible table play.

I am emerald with Boyd and Diamond with CET, I know I can get Augustus tower w/strip view 5 nights at CP. Never get any decent free-play offers from CET or Boyd, am I missing out on something?

My question is, for that kind of action, what kind of comps could I get at

a) Cosmo
    b) MLife properties (higher end)
    c) Red Rock or GVR
    d) Venetian/Palazzo

Any info/insight greatly appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some better math/adt experts will come along, but I will tell you what I would expect at Mlife with 100k of coin in over 5 days. Should be able to get a suite at any Mlife property and reasonable RFB (unlimited is rare anymore). Limo and at least 2 show tickets. You will also have a bunch of Express Comps to use as well. And will be at Platinum level.

EDIT - I am referring more to up front offers, vs back end comps in the comments above.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would wait for Joe to make comment as far as Boyd goes. He seems to have much better offers and if I recall correctly he says they average (he and the wife) 10-12 K per day on VP. Which is 2/3 or 1/2 of what you are saying you plugged into the machines. Each Boyd property seems to deal with players on different levels. Good luck!!

Ahhh spring !!
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So that's $15k a day on VP at say 1.5% HA and $5,000 a day on slots at say 8 - 10% HA.

Around $700 a day in theo. That should be enough to get you a standard room at Cosmo, V/P or any MLife property, and maybe a little freeplay and resort credit.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In general the VP will not be as good as at Orleans at the Cosmo at the 25c level. But with 20k a day I assume you're up in the $1 or multihand territory. You would be getting close to Gold with Identity which does have some value with the 2 free nights and companion nights which don't count against theo when used. You certainly would be getting marketing offers most likely got 4 nights any day of the week. As for room level, no worse than Terrace 1 bedroom. I've bounced between 2 and 4 nights with my offers and I don't do your level of coin in.

6. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies, to answer on denom level,

95% of VP is at $1 or above or 25c multi line STP or similar. Slot play is at $1-5 max bet, and pennies at max bet always.

7. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AFAIK, I don't put anywhere near that much through the machines. I think my max bankroll has been $5k per 3-4 day trip. Mostly .25, a little play @ $1 level. <6hrs per day gambling, come home no better than even, usually down a few k. Maybe you can guesstimate coin in from that?

I would assume that you're putting a lot more through the machines than I am. Cosmo consistently gives me marketing offers of 4 days of free rooms (no limit on days). Free play has varied over time (IIRC my max was $250, min was $40). No resort credit. I've never been told it's limited to certain room types. I typically get a terrace 1BR, and I think that's pretty great so I haven't bothered to ask for an upgrade beyond that. Also offers of free tickets to most concerts/events they're holding at the hotel (I've never taken them up on this offer).

8. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

I'm pretty sure you're running a lot more through machines than we do at V/P.

We consistently get unrestricted 4 night offers (never had a problem extending this to 5 nights when requested), along with several hundred in free play and some F/B credits. Also typically offered tix to show. Now I play a fair amount of tables, which does not award points, but influences comps, so I'm not sure how that impacts, but I have to think your offer would be at least as good as ours, and likely better.

My friends who have similar betting styles and threshholds and I often compare offers. I'm the only one among us that is loyal to V/P, the others are diehard CET, Mlife, or Cosmo fans. In my experience, it is easier for me to get the exact nights I want and additional nights upon request than it is for them, however they often have better offers regarding amount of free play or resort credits than I get. Whether this is just the way the companies comp, or factors related to our requests or hosts I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.