1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2015 WSOP Question about money sponsors and winnings

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by rittermd, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my Vegas buddies is poker nut. We have 10 of us that are going to kick in $1k each for his $10k buy in.

Its a good excuse for a group vegas trip.

We were discussing how to split any winnings. My though was the first $10k is split evenly to pay off each investors original $1k buy in.

What do you think is a fair split for any winnings after the $10k is paid off?

We were thinking 1/3 to the player and 2/3 to the original investors.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

2. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is the player 1 of the 10 people investing??? If so, I would think 1/3 plus their 1/10 of the remaining 2/3 going to the investors.

If not that's a pretty good split. Hypothetical, just makes the cut.... $18,406 was the first payout, so on the remaining $8406 the player gets $2800 and the other investors get $622 each for 4 days of work but takes a week to get to.

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend Jay came in 2nd last year, he paid off his friends by proportion to their investments

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't forget about the tax issues. That can get rather messy.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    11 shares, player gets one share.

Or 11 shares for everything over $10k.

6. bta15

bta15 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It really depends on how good of a poker player your friend is. The better a poker player, the more markup they can demand. Judging by the back story I don't think he is worth 33% markup (which is essentially what your are giving him). Probably worth 10-20%.

If he was a decent/good poker player he wouldn't need his friends to put up his whole $10k. I would be leery of a player not putting up any of his own money. It's like he has no reason play well, no skin in the game as they say.

To your other question, yes backers (you) should be paid your original investment first before the player gets any cut of profit.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.