1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$20 Trick?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mrcycrsd, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrcycrsd

Mrcycrsd Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect that what we commonly refer to as the $20 trick for upgraded hotel rooms has its genesis in the subtle tip to the Showroom maitre d' just prior to seating.

My question is this... Has anyone had luck upgrading their assigned seats for various shows by offering a tip at the will call counter? I purchased cheaper seats for Zarkana, and I know there will likely be empty seats in front of us.

2. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've hinted at wanting to be moved forward/centered when picking up tickets, but it never happens. I think it might be because the box office person would have to actually refund the ticket and rebuy the new ticket, so the system won't allow it.

Tipping the ushers is the way to go. They know each night exactly which seats are unsold and they can bring you to those seats.

3. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to Zarkana on a Friday night in April. My brother had package deal tickets in the balcony. When we went to will call, they were already upgraded to floor seats. When we got inside, the usher was taking people from the back and moving them up. Mostly couples. We both got moved to about the 7th row and we didn't pay anything. If you offered $20 when you went in, you'd almost certainly get moved up. Of course you'd probably get moved up just for asking, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.