1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

20 Great Happy Hours on the Las Vegas Strip

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Beach Crazy, Apr 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

This is a great article on happy hours. Can't say that I agree or disagree but I think it's a great reference.

Here is the abbreviated list from the article by David Landsel. To find out why these were his 20 top happy hours please refer to his article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/David-Landsel/las-vegas-strip-happy-hours_b_6981824.html

#1 The Pub Monte Carlo
    When Mon-Fri 3-6
    What $3 off all drafts (down from $6+), $3-$6 food

#2 El Segundo Sol Fashion Show Mall
    When Daily 4-7
    What $5 margs, $3 tequila shots, $4 sangria, $3-$4.25 beers, $3 tacos, $4-$5 quesadillas, $2.75 nachos and more decent deals.

#3 Milos Cosmopolitan
    When Mon-Thu 5:30-7
    What $10 small plates, $6 Greek beers, $11-$12 Greek wines

#4 Peppermill Lounge North Strip
    When Daily 3-6, 9-11
    What 50% off well drinks, wine and beer, $4.50 martinis, $5.50 mozzarella sticks.

#5 Yard House The Linq
    When Mon-Fri 3-6
    What $1 off domestic pints and other drink deals, decent food menu ($5-$8)

#6 Taqueria Canonita The Venetian
    When Daily 3-6, 9-close
    What $3 drafts, $5 margaritas and cocktails, $5 wines

#7 Andre’s Monte Carlo
    When Tue-Sun 5-7
    What $5 beers, $6 cocktails, $7 small plates (stuffed dates, roquefort sliders, charcuterie and more)

#8 Beer Garden SLS Las Vegas
    When Daily 9-close
    What Drafts, call drinks and Umami fries for $5

#9 Hussong’s Cantina Mandalay Place
    When Mon-Thu 3-6
    What 50% off selected apps, margaritas, cocktails, draft beers - $3 tacos, too.

#10 db Brasserie The Venetian
    When Daily 3-6
    What Daniel Boulud’s burgers, small plates and bites from $8.

#11 Stripburger Fashion Show Mall
    When Daily 4-7
    What PBR, Bud Light and Coors Light on draft for $2

#12 Red Square Mandalay Bay
    When Daily 4-7 10-close
    What Complimentary vodka tastings, $5 beers, $7 wine, $11 cocktails, app specials

#13 Diablo’s Cantina Monte Carlo
    When Daily 3-7
    What $5 drafts, margaritas, well drinks, $4 tacos

#14 Blue Ribbon Cosmopolitan

What $7 rolls and $7 Hitachino draft selection

#15 Phil’s Italian Steak House Treasure Island
    When Daily 4-6
    What $7 appetizers, cocktails and wine

#16 The Barrymore The Royal Resort
    When Daily, 5-7
    What $5 cocktails, wines and beer, oysters, bone marrow, grilled octopus and other serious eats for $7-$8. 50% off select bottles of wine.

#17 McCall’s Heartland Grill Stratosphere
    When Daily 3-7
    What $2 bubbly, $3 well drinks and drafts, 50 cent wings, $2 tacos and more.

#18 STK Cosmopolitan
    What $10 food, $5 beers, $8 vodka cocktails

#19 Tacos & Tequila Luxor
    When Mon-Fri, 11-6
    What $5 apps and drinks

#20 Scarpetta Cosmopolitan
    What $7 small plates and cocktails

2. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4 of top 20 are in Cosmo. Interesting how that turned out.

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love happy hours, I do them at home, in Vegas, with friends, family, etc... In fact, was my b-day a couple days ago and we went to a Brazilian restaurant in my area and I just wanted to stay at the bar with happy hour. You can still run up a decent tab, but I love the atmosphere, prices, the fact that you try a lot rather than one big plate, and drinks! Lots of drinks to weave your way through. I have been to a lot of Happy Hours in Vegas and love the fact that I have another list to work my way through, but some of these are odd in the mix.

Taking it through the numbers...

#1 The Pub Monte Carlo - Never been to this one, but Brand happy hour was nice. The Pub looked like an overdone sports bar, but does get good Yelp reviews. Worth a try next time I stay in this hotel.

#2 El Segundo Sol Fashion Show Mall - I stay away from the Mall while in Vegas, never struck me as a spot to go.

#3 Milos Cosmopolitan Solid Food, not my number 3, but Cosmo does have one of my fav below.

#4 Peppermill Lounge North Strip Solid choice to eat, but I barely consider this part of the strip, I may get yelled at for this one. I know it is a relic for many, but I like higher class for happy hours as I want to taste luxury, not quantity.

#5 Yard House The Linq - Havent been, definitely would like to check this one out, but I again steer towards the higher end restaurants when in Vegas for happy hours and this is more middle.

#6 Taqueria Canonita The Venetian - Never saw Venetian or Wynn offering a lot as far as happy hours so I haven't ventured in that area.

#7 Andre’s Monte Carlo - Good choice if you are at the hotel already or close enough. Also did dinner here from Travelzoo offer and enjoyed it. Probably closer to my #15

#8 Beer Garden SLS Las Vegas - Too far, not taking a taxi when there are so many offerings in the center of things.

#9 Hussong’s Cantina Mandalay Place - Never been

#10 db Brasserie The Venetian - Top ten for sure!

#11 Stripburger Fashion Show Mall - Stated above

#12 Red Square Mandalay Bay - I would replace this one with Stripsteak if I were going to that end, much better offerings.

#13 Diablo’s Cantina Monte Carlo - Tried to go in here once, the Vibe itself turned me off and not very good reviews. This seems like filler from the author.

#14 Blue Ribbon Cosmopolitan - This one should be higher on the list, have taken many of Vegas outings to Blue Ribbon. This would only be the case if you are a sushi roll lover, which there are many, I believe it was only rolls offered.

#15 Phil’s Italian Steak House Treasure Island - Don't really go to TI, anyone else comment on this one?

#16 The Barrymore The Royal Resort - Is this part of the Strip? Am I the only one who has not heard of the Royal Resort?

#17 McCall’s Heartland Grill Stratosphere - Another one i would not put on this list, not on The Strip IMO.

#18 STK Cosmopolitan - My current #1 I go to this one every chance I get and then hop around to the others on the 3rd floor in Cosmo.

#19 Tacos & Tequila Luxor Ate here back in 2010, but not for happy hour. Would not go back.

#20 Scarpetta Cosmopolitan Maybe top 20 because the list thins out, but barely sliding in there. Slim offerings and the bar area is usually slow, the prices for even happy hour items are too high and you don't get much on each plate.

3 of my additions in no real order that could replace the ones too far away from the action I noted on above:
    Stripsteak MB as mentioned above
    Julian Serrano, although you dont get a whole lot with each plate, definitely a good food choice.
    Brand at Monte Carlo, good offerings, very nice looking and acting wait staff, I spent my Superbowl game here last year.

4. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add to the list the bar at the top of the Strat, 107 club or something. I was just looking at their specials yesterday and will prob add this to my to-do list on my next trip at sunset.

5. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read the subject line thinking this was a very brief trip report ... about 20 happy hours spent on the Strip. Haha. Cracked me up enough that I had to share.

6. starlight0229

starlight0229 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. We're planning to use one of our $50 Monte Carlo MyVegas rewards at the Pub. I'll have to try to get us there during happy hour tomorrow or Friday.

7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Surprising this doesn't mention Aria anywhere. Julian Serrano has a great early afternoon happy hour Sunday-Thursday; $5 sangria, $7 wine, and a lot of stuff from their menu from $4 to $7.

8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another to add to the list is Nine Fine Irishmen at NYNY, happy hour is Mon- Thurs 2pm- 5pm, $5 pints, $5 featured cocktails and $6 appetizers

9. Mandiferous

Mandiferous Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blondie's inside the Miracle Mile. $20 AYCD from 3-6pm. It's not fancy, but it gets the job done. Plus, the people watching is great since it's right across from the V Theater. You can watch all the people lining up for shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.