1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 Reports from 15 and 7 yrs ago

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Shelbymae, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I know...strange to do a trip report from so long ago, but its all I have to go on...LOL
    About 15 yrs ago hubby and I decided (ok I decided) to go to Vegas. Of course internet was not an option for us then, so booked thru a travel agent. Price was reasonable from middle of nowhere South Dakota, staying at Excalibur. and a rental car. So I send off for all the brochures ahead of time and give to hubby so he knows what there is to do so he can pick things that would interest him also. So we finally get there...get checked in...check the view which was fine (im old now and forget what the view even was) Get settled and I ask hubby what he wants to do....his response..."I dont know, let me watch this on TV first" A few hours later we found a place to eat, gambled a bit, walked around a bit and went back to hotel. Day two we drove around and hit some swap meet flea market areas, hubby got scared and so had to go back to hotel, we walked part of the strip...in the evening we went to a comedy show at Riviera, (Don Rickles) and then bus back to Excalibur. Walked around there and Luxor, went to our first starbucks for coffee 8 dollars for 2 coffees I think it was and was told we would never go to another ever again. (little does he know I been to several since then) Day 3 we came home. As far as my opinion of Excalibur, it was nice back then..but housekeeping sucked. There was a room service tray 3 doors down that sat on the floor from the time we got there to the time we left and the sour milk bubbling over really smelled bad.

Trip 2: January 2005 20th Anniversary
    I have internet and know how to use it at this point in my life. I find a wonderful deal at the strat, in a suite with a big tub and marble bathroom. Room is wonderful, way at top of hotel overlooking the strip. We did the rides on top of the strat and enjoyed it. We did alot of walking, played some slots, won a little...lost a little. Of course hubby had no idea what he wanted to do, (he wanted to watch re runs on tv most of the time) I spent alot of time walking around and shopping by myself. I did talk hubby into riding the Deuce downtown to freemont street, and we enjoyed that, but when it gets past 10 pm hubby thinks its time for bed. Since we had not gambled much..I took 150 dollars and spent the evening playing slots until 5 am. I cashed out with 130 so not bad. Went back to the suite, packed and headed to the airport.

Trip 3: HUBBY STAYS HOME!!! :evillaugh

2. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great. I love how your husband wants to watch TV. Classic. It also interesting to think of booking trips through travel agents prior to the internet. Cool.

3. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trip three sounds like a fun report!

4. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, trip 3 will be a blast, and the report should be fun to read!! Its not until Sept, so have a while to wait.

5. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    have a great time in September!! Where are you staying?

6. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the IP...trying to do the trip as cheap as possible so I have more money for the fun things. King deluxe room for 4 nights including tax came to $125, I have seen now that they came down a few dollars, but not worth calling to go thru the refund process for 3 dollars a night.

7. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They seriously won't put you through much to change the ressie. That $12 will pay for the main meal for a breakfast at Hash House!!!

Can't wait to read your next report. DH never goes to Vegas with me. He isn't a gambler and he would just sit there like a lump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.