1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 more days!!!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Apr 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy cow, can't believe it is here. I remember when it was 200 days (i booked last july). It always seems surreal when the time has come for something you been waiting on a while.

I have more planned than i originally thought i would. Tickets to see Tim & Faith, tickets for LOVE, Grand Canyon Tour, pub crawl with other VMBers and a night downtown.

Should be lots of fun, we arrive at 4pm, perfect time i think.

Now i know it is warm during the day and the evenings get cool, but how cool? If my arms are covered should i be ok? Do we need a heavier sweater? We are just above 0 C right now so it will be MUCH better than home either way.

What about the grand canyon, during peak sun hours do we need a heavy sweater?

2. zoey11

zoey11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im leaving next Tuesday, was wondering the same thing about clothes. Plan on warm during the day but wondered if I should pack a couple long sleeve shirts for nighttime?

3. casky

casky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. NYPoker

NYPoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also curious as I am leaving in 2 weeks!

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am so excited for you! Hope it is all you dream and more.

6. usmcbaby

usmcbaby Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Google is everyone's friend.

The desert gets cool in the evening this time of year. We or should I say the wife usually goes from shorts/t-shirt (daytime) to jeans/long sleeve (nighttime) this time of the year in Vegas.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/category/213875/7-day-forecast

7. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Hope you have a blast!!! It's close to 90 there today with low's in the low 60's... now the low 60's is still shorts and t-shirt weather for me, but I know many here prefer a parka, mittens and long-johns. You're probably somewhere in between.

8. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very cool, in a couple days you will be back in the mecca! Being from Minnesota, usually the "cold" nights still seem like shorts/short sleeve weather for us... although people are always looking at us like we are nuts. Believe it or not, the forecast here says 70 degrees tomorrow! Enjoy your trip, can't wait to read about it.

9. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks everyone :) way too excited. Got my hair highlighted for the first time in 4 years so i feel great as well!

I did check out the weather, temps don't really tell you much, you have to factor in wind etc. Here it is very windy so 16 (which is what it says GC will be the day we go) can be still very cold here. Right now it was plus 5 but no wind so light sweater works.

I did luck out today and found the perfect light jacket that works for dressing up as well. The ones i have at home are too heavy for my liking on a trip. Always when you are not looking lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.