1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2 bros stole lottery ticket

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Gomar, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Natural21

Natural21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Scratch-off winners aren't listed anywhere. You need to be smarter than the ticket if you plan on winning!:poke:
    I would like to know how many of these scratch-offs go uncashed.
    Good luck. :beer::beer:

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weird story... like why did they feel they had to wait so long to cash the ticket? You would think a month or two would have been long enough...

And then the guy who actually won: in order to claim the real prize he has to admit to defrauding the IRS, will there be repercussions there? or should there be?

For the brothers the only thing I can think of there is: 2006-2008 was a period when convenience stores in both the USA and Canada were getting caught on almost a weekly basis for ripping off lottery winners (IE: customer asks them to scan a ticket, they scan it and see it won $500, they tell customer it was $50 or something and then pay out customer and keep the rest) so that might be why they waited so long to cash... but still, 6 years seems pretty long (for our Canadian lotteries they only give 1 year after the ticket series has expired to cash, otherwise you forfeit the price).

4. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of my neighbors waited almost a year

He had 5 of 6 numbers in one of those power ball type super lotterys. He threw the ticket in a drawer and basically forgot to even check it. He checked it about a week before it expired and saw he won 250 large !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.