1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$2-$4 Limit Hold'em at Aria?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by siguru21, Mar 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siguru21

siguru21 Tourist

Jun 9, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that Aria has $2-$4 limit hold'em listed on their website. Does anyone know how often this game is in play?
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Jan 21, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:

And... :evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh:evillaugh

For Aria listing that on their website.

If you really want to play 2/4 Limit on the Strip, you need to play at Flamingo. Some of the South Strip properties offer the similar game 2-6 Spread Limit (Monte Carlo, MGM Grand, Excalibur). Mirage tends to offer 3/6 limit. Most other places offer 4/8 limit, or no limit games at all... :cry:
  3. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Aug 4, 2001
    averill park (near albany) ny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see they now have promotions again other than high hand at Flamingo.

The 4-8 at Venetian has no bonuses and no rake for them. As I remember they also pull the rake more slowly. At any rate, if I remember right CET rakes 5 and then 2 for the Bonus compared to just 4 at Venetian and a 4-8 game that is more likely to overcome the rake anyway. Perhaps someone can confirm this as well.

As well as those mentioned, Bally's will sometimes have a 3-6 starting in the evening. The 3-6 at Mirage is a good game, but if you can't get a seat, you can wait sometimes a long while.

The best 2-4 now in Vegas I think is downtown at the Golden Nugget. They have high hand awards, but no bad beat. Playing late night (2 to 10am I think) doubles the bonus payouts. So last trip my quad jacks were worth $600. There are regulars, perhaps more now that El Cortez is closed, but it seems to attract plenty of tourists too. Some great stories around those tables if you like talking to people from all around the world. The ACG coupon will give you a $10 extra chip bonus when you buy in.

During the day you can also take a free shuttle to the Orleans and play 2-4 but it is full of regulars and twice I suspected collusion. Watch the game carefully. You can take the Gold Coast shuttle and walk over to the Palms, but that game too is packed with locals and tough to beat.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  4. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Oct 27, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend that goes with us from time to time and he suspected the same thing going on at the orleans with the regulars (collusion)...definitely a game to watch there.
  5. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Apr 13, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    2-4 @ Flamingo is fun, and as easy of a crowd to play against as you're likely to find.

Pretty sure Excal still has a low limit table, something like 1-3 or 1-6 spread limit.

MGM used to spread 2-4 at night, not sure if they still do or not since they moved their poker room.

Plenty of $60-ish tournaments to be found at night just about everywhere, if you want to play no limit but restrict your potential loss.
    AWS REinvent -- Vegas XXV
    Big Game 2017 == Vegas XXVI
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.