1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

#17 at TPC Sawgrass does not offend me

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Apr 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Sep 18, 2003
    Central California Coast
    With the Players in a few weeks, it's time for some folks to get all worked up over an innocuous little hole. Many of my colleagues, like a lot of putatively professional golfers, are offended by 17. I love it. I don't think it is too much to ask a pro to hit a wedge or 9i to a not-too-small green. Flag-hunting might not be advised on a particular tier or with a wind, but there remains that concept called the middle of the green.

I like the hole. I like the angst it engenders. It's a freakin' wedge, guys. Come on. (Gap wedge when I played it.)
  2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Oct 24, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played Sawgrass a handful of times and all but a few from back tees. I never hit more than 8-iron there and I've only rinsed one in about 8 or 9 tries. Granted it was not under the pressure of the "5th Major" or with millions on the line but there had surely been a few $20 2-down auto presses rolling by that time and I was no worse for the wear. It's quirky but no worse than places like Harbour Town with trees over growing into fairways or the intense elevation in Colorado. If anything at least it's a little fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.