1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

13th TR MORE BUFFETS ! 5/24 - 5/27

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thenuke1, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Whats up all.

if anyone has read my past TRs you know that im frugal lol but i still have a ton of fun.

Prelude
    so i go to vegas 2 months ago with a buddy which ended up not being what i thought it would be. Didn't have a good time. the weekend before my girl had gone to vegas with her mom and sister and also didn't have a good time.

May 1st. My lady tells me "i need a REAL vegas trip" so i start looking for deals as my gf contacts our vegas connection for a room.

this time around i want to go to a few shows so im thinking Boyz II Men and Human Nature. I let my lady know and she agrees even though she knows nothing about Human Nature.

also playing more of Myvegas to take some more coupons.

After waiting 3 weeks for our connection she lets us know that she hasn't been in town because someone passed away in her family. We tell her not to worry and family comes first, had we known we wouldnt have asked. So im off to check out deals. Im leaning towards terribles, rooms look good. Then im emailed a link to LVH. I see the LVH rooms come with fridges which is a plus so we opt for the classic strip view which under amenities says "refrigerator". BOOKED monday 05/20/13 and our trip is 5/24 - 5/27 cutting it close but we get a room.

For Myvegas i score the Bellagio Lunch and MGM Champagne Brunch (a first). 1 day before the trip i see i still need 1 more coupon ... i skim the pages and i see The Mirage Secret Garden. My girl is a sucker for animals so BOOM got my 3rd reward.

I also manage To buy Human Nature Tickets from Travelzoo for $60 each 4th row !.

The Trip

We grab some Mcdonalds breakfast leave L.A at 9:30am.

We make a pitt stop at Tanger Outlets Nike Store... i see nothing so back on the road we go.

We clear 3 hours easy and make another stop at Primm Nike Store

where i pick up these for $17

[​IMG]

i love some fresh bball shoes for cheap lol

We hit the road again and make it to the LVH

[​IMG]

now at this point ... we dont know what to expect ive read really bad reviews but also notice that they renovated not to long ago. So we're optimistic!. Check in is easy, a bit of a wait but not too bad considering its a long weekend. Clerk tells me that my view is great from the room. So we head to the elevators and go up to the 15th floor. Open the door and see the room.

First thoughts. Bigger than expected and nicely redone im satisified. My lady though says "wait... wheres the fridge" so i start to hunt the thing down and nothing ...

I call the front desk and tell them that we booked the room based on what the site said about the amenities included. The guy was a bit rude and short with me and quick to tell me that "NO CLASSIC ROOMS HAVE FRIDGES ONLY PREMIUM ROOMS" i say ok but your website doesn't say that then the guy says "well if you have a confirmation that says your room comes with a fridge then we will upgrade you" i check my email and see that the confirmation and see nothing about a fridge but i check online and it does say that the classic strip view room comes with fridge.

I go downstairs and i wait in line a bit. I get to a different clerk who is nicer and tell her my situation. I show her that a classic room doesn't have a fridge but when you click on classic STRIP view says it comes with fridge. she says "wow ... thats misleading let me tell my manager" she walks away for 2 min and comes back. "Sir we will honor the upgrade, heres your new room enjoy" :nworthy::evillaugh

i let my lady know and we go down to the 14th floor. And we open the door to a superior room =D

BTW as of this writing if you go to the LVH site punch in some dates and click on Classic strip view room they STILL list fridge with the room

although they dont give us a strip view ... we get this instead

[​IMG]

which we LOVE instead.

My girl says shes hungry so we drive to downtown for some Main Street seafood buffet.

DELICIOUS as usual

[​IMG]

we walk out stuffed and walk to downtown. The D is our next stop for some ponys. We sit for 2 hours playing the derby while i order Long Islands and Adios. My girl is driving . i hit a couple 40 quarter pots but play them all through because that game is so much fun lol

[​IMG]

im the dude on the right.

so its about 8pm and we walk around downtown and then we see its 11pm so we go back to the room since we're tired. Our work scheduals have changed alot so turning in early isn't anything new to us.

Day 2

I wake up at 8am and turn the tv on while my girl wakes up at 10am and gets ready. We opt for the bellagio buffet with the myvegas reward.

FYI MGM props are now taking Bellagio buffet coupons during holiday periods. You just have to pay the difference

Bellagio again is SO good. A different buffet thats for sure. Very good. Having tried it twice, once during Xmas menu i think im done with Bellagio buffet lol the price tag is too high.

We go to the Outlets south and find nothing but we walk off the buffet. Next stop is the mirage for the Secret Garden. We get to Mlife and they tell us its closed but they give us the myvegas comp for the next day so we leave... But i see this

[​IMG]

HUGE KISS fan here :Þ

i slip in a $20 and off to the races...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I make it up to $210 but play down to $140 .. what a 2 hour blast !

we head back to the room to just relax a bit. We both lay down and we get hungry. Someone slips a pizza joint flyer on our door and we think about going but hold off while i search for graveyard deals. i lay down again and next thing i know we're both asleep lol.

Day 3

i wake up and say ... WTF we fell asleep lol. We get up and my lady LOVES the MSS buffet brunch so back we go. I start in with the mamosas tasty. We finish up and go to the secret garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a good last min reward.

We go back to the room to change cloths for the Human Nature show.

we pull over at the KISS mini golf the check it out...

[​IMG]

everything was cool but typical vegas fashion ... everything jacked up to triple the price...

for some reason i thought the show started at 7:30pm but we get there at 7:25 and the usher tells us "oh you guys are in time they started 5 min ago , the guys were running late" i say OH WOW....

we walk in during "just my imagination"

[​IMG]

Let me say this ... This show is COMPLETE AND UTTER ASS KICKING. I love R&B music and to hear ALL motown songs by a harmony group is amazing .... those guys are worth the price of admission. They have some good jokes too lol. BTW the sands is a small room so if you buy $30 tickets YOUR GOOD. Great EFFFING show !. My lady enjoyed it. Her favorite part was "Baby, Baby"

i enjoyed the entire thing ... Well done HN and the Venetian. I know tickets are a bit more expensive then when the guys were at the Imperial but they definitely deserve it.

[​IMG]

We play a few games at Venetian i win another $20 so we go find a mexican joint. We look for Pepes but the neighborhood is a bit sketchy so we drive back to Tacos Mexico which is just a bit down the road.

Back to downtown we go. Las vegas club is where we set up shop for a bit. i find this weird Senior Citizen super hero game which i play and win ANOTHER $20 lol. Finally we are ready to turn in and call it a trip.

Day 4

we wake up at 10 and pack it up. We go to MGM buffet for the last reward.
    The mgm props have made it very simple for myrewards winners to redeem. I had no issues with either 3 rewards.

again im not expecting much from the buffet since i haven't read anything about it.

great food. After tasting small bits i LOVE the tri tip ! so i stick with that and i finish off 10 mamosas ... my girl counted. The thing is the waitress kept filling up the glass without us asking lol

[​IMG]

and after trying a bunch of buffets ... The Only 2 which have the type of soft serve i enjoy are Terribles and The MGM

[​IMG]

even bellagio has the watery type.

At this point im very well in a place of pure inebriation lol so we head off to L.A (GF driving)

6 hours home ! lol owell but we are back and already cant wait to go back.

Next time we are seeing Boyz II Men for sure and might even take a 2nd trip (cheap seats) to see Human Nature again ...

Hope you guys enjoy !!!

2. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Nice TR, enjoyed the read.

3. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great trip report!

I really enjoyed your descriptions and the mix of pictures in with the story. :beer:

4. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice details. Kudos on sticking to your refrigerator needs. Nice job!

Great photos. Nice tiger.
    Seems you had a fine time and it is good to hear the Human Nature is as good as ever. I'll have to give that a look on my next trip.
    10 mimosas. Now that is a buffet!
    thanks.

5. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Human Nature is a MUST... Who doesn't like motown music ??? if your on the edge and not sure about it ... go to travelzoo and buy some $30 tickets. from what i saw any seat in the sand theater is a good seat. Its a if i could describe it in 1 word the word would be "Fun"

Secret Garden was good. Most of the big cats are sleeping though. Dolphins are there ofcourse which you can view them as you walk in or take the underground view.

MGM buffet was great. Best service out of any buffet IMO. You gotta love a place that doesn't wait for you to ask for more booze. I took 1 sip and the waitress was already topping me off. Tri Tip was the best though sucks that they ran out lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.