1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

11 Day Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mbancaa724, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbancaa724

mbancaa724 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always gone to Vegas for a week at a time or less. I am going for 11 days, well almost 11 days. I am going July 27 to Aug 7 and I usually get a weekly rental car for about $105-$130 using Alamo, Dollar or Thrifty. I see prices are much higher right now and was wondering if anyone had suggestions or promo codes that work well.

I tried the Total Rewards alliances and it was very high, but the cheapest I have found is $311 including everything with Dollar City Special.

Thank you,

Michael

2. whiskers69

whiskers69 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Car Rental

You can get a car mid-size from dollar for one week for 190.00 , Taxes in.
    Dollar website go to city specials, its the extra days that they charge more for. We are renting from there from July 24th to the 31st for 190.00 taxes in

3. 21wins

21wins VIP Whale

Thanks for the info.

We are there 7/22 thru 7/30.

I always find that rental car prices start going down within 3-4 weeks of the pick up date.

Right now I know it's way too early to get a final rate. But I like starting the process.

I just threw in a reservation as a starting point with Dollar City Specials and got $220 for our stay.

I'll probably cancel and rebook with Dollar and Thrifty at least 10-12 times before I lock in my reservation.

Also, if you have a Discover Card go through Shop Discover for an additional 5% off the base reservation (for both Dollar and Thrifty). If you don't have a Discover Card you can still get 2.5% off by going through Fatwallet.

I end up checking 2-3 times a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.