1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

11/6-11/9 Orleans - Hopefully LIVE with pics!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by 1LuckyMomma, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceFayeNC

AliceFayeNC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was like our stay the last time at Exclaber, Free upgrade to the end of the hallway. It was Quiet and at least you could see the mountains in the distance. Never stayed off strip before. We went to both Outlets, the newer ones looked like the ones at home the South one like the Mills outlets. I too like to plan ahead, my friend no, don't think I'll take her next trip. She's more Champage and I'm more Dr Pepper. I'll stay at a cheaper hotel she wants the 100.00 a night rooms. Heck I stayed at the Imperial Pallace three times, it's a clean room to sleep in. Loved the report.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're home!

We made it home. Getting ready for work tomorrow but I thought I'd finish this up before I forget anything. Sorry about the lack of pics. It was a little time consuming to get into the Tapatalk mode and post while I was there. DH kept asking why I was on the phone all the time. Ummmm....because I'm addicted to VMB? :thumbsup:

Orleans

The renovated Premium rooms are nice. Just as nice as the Orleans rooms have always been, but nice and clean and newer looking. I love the fact that I can still open the window in the shower and the new rain shower heads are great. Lots of hot, hot water and great water pressure really help after a hard day of walking and gambling! The safe was in the dresser. It looks like drawers on the outside, but it's a door that opens up with a nice large safe. Plenty of room for a laptop and stacks of cash.

We checked out this morning. This is the first time I've ever billed meals to the room. It was super easy- just showed my players card and ID and signed the slip with room number. CC hold at the Orleans is $100 for the entire stay. We stayed 3 nights (comp) and were charged no resort fees at all. Total bill including 2 meals was around $80.

I asked for any comp discount when I was done last night as I had lost at least $500 over the last 2 days. No dice. I didn't stress it because I really didn't expect anything after we had a free room for 3 nights.

We had a nice steak and prime rib dinner in the Courtyard cafe last night. Including a jumbo shrimp cocktail ($10.99 was a bit pricey but they were 5 very large shrimp). Dinner was around $60 with tip. Even though I had won quite a bit, I'm still pretty frugal and couldn't see spending 2-3x that amount elsewhere. The dinner was actually very good, just in a coffee shop atmosphere.

We tried the Sunday brunch buffet this morning. I'm usually there during the week so it was a little different. All of the usual dinner items were offered but they added champagne, prime rib, salmon, smoked salmon, shrimp scampi, roasted chicken, peel and eat shrimp, and fresh fruit, some gourmet cheeses, Italian, Mexican and some Chinese food as well as all the normal breakfast fare. I love the coconut cream pie they have. There was also a huge chocolate fountain with assorted cut up fruit. It's a really good buffet for the price. I always prefer the dinner. The breakfast is good, I just stick with fresh fruit, omelette and some hash browns.

Checking out was a breeze. Cab ride from Orleans to the airport is 15-20 minutes depending on traffic and was about $18. We made it through security in less than 10 minutes! Can you believe it? I'm still in shock. It's always taken us at least an hour to get through in the past! Allegiant flight was right on time, we had a great flight crew and we're glad to be home.

It was really nice to come home with some money! We did some Christmas shopping for the kids while at the outlet center, paid for taxis and most of our food in cash , I spent a lot of time gambling and still had extra to bring home.

I'm a Dr. Pepper girl too! I was thrilled to find it at the food court in the South Premium Outlets. Until then, I had only found it at the Bally's monorail station in a machine. We ate lunch at the outlets. There is a chicken place that's a lot like Chik fil A. It was very filling and good. Lunch was about $18 and we were stuffed. I want a cheap room and I want it to be nice. I'm perfectly happy to stay in the Orleans, however, I'm really looking forward to the trip to Bally's and staying on the strip next time.

Looking forward to my March trip! We'll be staying at Bally's for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised at the cheap food options in the food court there.

I hope this report was interesting at least. I really hope that some of the info in it will give some insight to someone and help them on a future trip. Thanks for reading. :D

3. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's funny my then g/f went with me last trip and she is addicted to that shit. She was freaking out how she couldn't find it anywhere.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LuckyMomma,
    When you ate at the restaurants, you should have said "Please use my points", as much as you could...because Boyd won't use them at CheckOut for your meal bill.
    It would have saved you a little bit, since you said you burned through $500 on slots, I'd assume you probably amassed about 10k points or so (600 points = $1 in food credit)

5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did use points to pay for a couple meals while there. I even used the last dollar before we left. ;)

6. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice TR! Glad you had a great time. Thanks..

7. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1LM, I really enjoyed your TR. Thanks for taking the time to post.

8. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report - thanks for taking the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.