1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

11/6-11/9 Orleans - Hopefully LIVE with pics!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by 1LuckyMomma, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Setting the stage. DH and I return together for the first time in 10 years. I was there last year on business. He's not a player. I am.

Hope to have some really nice jackpot pics to share with you via Tapatalk!

I've decided not to buy any show tickets or anything before we get there. I promised DH I wouldn't schedule anything as we're going to just relax and have fun. This is really hard for me as I am a major planner (which is why I'm stalking the board for the 2 months prior to our visit. :) ). I'm hoping to hit a Tix4Tonight booth and see some sort of a show on Saturday night. Does anyone know how comfortable the seats are in the Venetian theater?

I'll be paying for seats on Allegiant today. I just don't want to take a chance of getting a middle seat and not sitting by my husband who hates to fly. I'm also debating paying for another bag. I'm just not sure I can share a bag and stay under 40 lbs. I think I'll pay for a carry on for him and check mine. :ssst:

2. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and paid for seats and an extra checked bag with Allegiant so DH would be happy and I have room in his suitcase to bring back any purchases and bags of cash. :thumbsup: Still a decent flight at $219 each.

I'm debating whether to buy Groupon or Travelzoo deals for restaurants now. Can you buy those through an app and just show the barcode or something? This "not making plans" is driving me crazy! However, I don't want to get stuck with a coupon for something that I can't use in March.

If I wasn't worried about wrinkles, I'd be fully packed already! Two more nights at home....sigh.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Live TRs w/Pics. Will you be doing it via cell phone or wifi?

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  4. REELmoneySlotFan

REELmoneySlotFan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to read your TR. Tagging along for the ride :)

5. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope your trip produces lots and lots of bags of cash!! Don't worry, the next two nights will pass soon enough. I'm like your husband. I hate to fly. But it's the only way to get to Vegas!

I'll be following along on your Vegas adventure. I like TR's with pics. Have fun!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  6. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With groupon if you have a smartphone just install the app, if you buy a groupon just show your phone when you get there and it works just fine. Have done it many times,

7. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cell phone pics as often as I can squeeze them into our day. Does it make a difference? I know there's wifi at the coffee shop so I'll use that if possible. I didn't think about all the data use sending pics.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pics don't take tons of data. My cell phone is only about 1 MB a pic and I get a few gigs a month.

9. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving tomorrow night! Bags are packed, getting a massage today and switching to vacation mode. :) Trying to find my slot card as we'll arrive late tomorrow and I just saw this while printing out some last minute copies of reservation/offers.Maybe I'll play some penny slots before bed.

[​IMG]

10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it will work great on a cell phone. I was using my Ipod, often it was difficult to find wifi.

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  11. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving tonight! Finally! With all the preparation I've done, there's still a lot to do today to make sure the house is clean, laundry done, kids sent off to their appropriate places, etc. Really looking forward to this trip! It's currently 50 degrees at home. Vegas is supposed to be 80. Hoping the pool is still open at the Orleans.

12. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to your live updates.

13. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if LV is anything like L.A. (and it usually is), it'll be close to 90F today
    good luck

14. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kids have been dropped off and we're on the way to the airport! Can you tell I'm a little excited?!

15. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't get how people fly in so late. I like to get in nice and early.

16. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DH had to work yesterday. Also, Allegiant was about $75 cheaper per person and the only flight leaves from home at 8 pm.

We're here! After a crazy evening at the airport (lady came off on a stretcher-ambulance, fire. Etc)

When we got on the plane after a delay we found out a dog had bitten a passenger as well! Our flight was uneventful except quite a bit of turbulence. DH made it and didn't stress too much. ;)

I sent Him to bed and headed downstairs for a bit.

17. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played for about an hour, down $100 which is significant since I only brought $300 to gamble. Then, this happened.[​IMG]

I decided to play a little longer and then this happened!
    [​IMG]

I have never won on a diamond machine before. But, some dude had been playing it hard and walked away. I just had to try. 3 hours sleep and off to breakfast.

18. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice way to start the day, so you're up $1100?

19. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are great wins!! Congratulations! How much were those two wins? I think that's great since your BR for the trip was $300.00. Put the winnings in the safe and pretend it never happened.....The trip is still young, don't give it back!!

Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  20. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going to the outlet mall now to buy gifts for the kids. 1k last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.