1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$106 return Bellingham - Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by gambler, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't seen fares that low ever. Book by Sept. 15th for travel between Oct. 6th through 20th. All taxes and fares included in price.

2. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oops, I forgot to add - Allegiant Airlines.:eek:

3. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty strict timeline, but can't argue with a good deal!

4. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They used to have flights as low as $25 each way. $106 isnt bad, but still not good enough to entice me to drive from North Seattle. If I lived Snohomish county or north, I might consider it..... And remember, that is the fare, and all taxes IF you pay with a debit card, not a credit card, have no carry on or checked luggage, print your own boarding pass at home, and do not care where you sit. I for one have to take a carry on at least, so add $26, and I will not use my debit card online, so add another $8 = $140. I booked WN from SEA, R/T for $136 including checked luggage for my trips in Sept and Oct.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just took a look at those prices and I'm jealous. Really cheap and you get to choose what time you depart. Where I fly out of there's only 1 time which leaves Vegas at 8AM, it sucks ass.

I just booked my ticket last week. Flights were $70 each way plus $36 carryon for a total of $176 which I consider pretty damn cheap.

6. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That 8 am Vegas departure does suck. I don't mind getting up at 4 am to catch a 6 am flight TO Vegas but absolutely hate coming home on any flight that leaves Vegas before 10 am. Too bad you didn't have another option.

Tatterdema, what is WN?

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WN is Southwest. They just had an awesome sale out of SEA, and Alaska matched it. I really used to love Allegiant when I could book those $25 flights and it included carry on. I was hoping they would start the flights to Hawaii up again this year, but they have axed those. That $149 flight to OGG was worth the drive up and paying the add on fee's.

On Tuesdays or Wednesday, cant remember which, Allegiant only has 1 one flight back from LAS to BLI and its at 8am. When I flew them, I would just book Allegiant down, and then Alaska home, so I could have a better time. It was worth the extra $40 or $50 bucks to me to be able to sleep in.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  8. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'm glad I asked tatterdema, I never would have guessed WN as Southwest Airline. Or OGG as Kahului, Maui airport. You've gotta stop talking in code! :confused2: :thumbsup:

I think we might have got in on that Alaska Airlines sale. We booked a couple months ago for next week, flying AA (actually their partner Horizon Air from British Columbia to Seattle) and then AA from Seattle to Vegas. That flight was the cheapest we have seen since Oct. 2012.

I've never thought of pricing Southwest from Seattle. Thanks for the info!

I'd love a $25 flight including carry on, 2 hour flight, no recline, no seat selection, as it would be absolutely perfect for us When we fly from Bellingham, we need to drive 4 hours to get there and we do an overnight stay. During the summer, we enjoy the drive and just add a couple extra days to our trip since we have the time to be tourists. During the winter, we fly to Seattle and then to Vegas.

Are there any other airlines from Seattle I should watch for?

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really. Delta, Alaska, and Southwest are really the only players. Alaska had a flash sale for 2 hours today, but not sure what the price was, as I missed it. I know it was only $49 to Sacramento, and that is usually about $105 or so. One tip flying Southwest, is using their hidden city ticketing. I booked a couple flights from Seattle to San Diego for $60, with a stop in Vegas. Carry on luggage, and dont get on your connecting flight. Same works for SNA, ONT, BUR, and LAX for ususally cheaper than LAS. Right now the savings are minimal, and not worth the hassle, but when they are on sale, you can save quite a bit.

I am hoping that Allegiant starts service out of Everett before long, with those $53 fares. That would be enough for me to start flying them again.

10. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info tatter. I've never checked Delta's flights or times either so I'll be sure to check those out for next time. Thanks!

11. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did this with Allegiant the winter before last for $137.60 per person, round trip, after all taxes and fees... on a weekend. We fit it in a weekend where my son was visiting his bio-mom, so it was just a 17 hour trip with no bags. Saturday noon-ish to very early Sunday morning.

Sure, it's a small airline and all, and the airport in Bellingham, while not large and "feature" packed, has it's own charm... and cheap parking. Plus, being small it doesn't seem to have the waits and delays for security, so people generally get to the airport only about 1/2 an hour before their flights instead of the 2 hour recommendation. Oh, and the plane is not only small, but they certainly do squeeze in the seats and the seats don't recline at all. But, it's only for 2 and a half hours.

Depending on the situation I wouldn't have an issue flying with them or through that airport and I'm coming from Kent, WA, so it's a decent drive compared to SeaTac that's literally 20 minutes away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.