1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

101?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by thekillers, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being somewhat new to MyVegas, I'm curious as to why the amounts of red coins you get when someone shares them with you are odd numbers.
    101?
    201?

What's the reason for the extra one, is it some historical thing I don't know about?

2. rvallez6

rvallez6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's for tracking purposes? They can see how many times chips were obtained through sharing or through email offers etc.

3. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I have no idea, just seems so random that they do it that way... but hey, if I get to stuff my face for free at a buffet, they can make the amount of chips as odd and as random as possible! :licklips:

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

In Indian culture there is a tradition to always give $1 extra when you're giving someone a gift of money. So if you want to give them $100 you give them $101. Its the norm. Its supposed to be for luck, a round number like $100 looks final, but $101 means the money should keep coming. I wonder if that is why they do it, maybe some inside joke. There's a pretty decent chance at least some of the programmers are Indian. :poke:

5. thekillers

thekillers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd agree with that theory except other gifts they have are 1200 and 1500. I might email them just to find out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.