1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10 days, 10 questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ClownHo, Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is going to be my "help me, please" thread rather than posting multiple threads under several categories. I hope you'll all indulge me.

Tell me about Enterprise car rental

I use Costco to book my rental car. I don't like the hassle with Budget, so I've started using Alamo, which has those great self-service kiosks. Right now I'm getting my best deal through Enterprise. If that holds true, does Enterprise have kiosks at the airport rental center or must I put up with the inevitable up sale?

2. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented from Enterprise exclusively for the past several years and am happy with their service. They don't have a kiosk, but the counter people have been not been aggressive with the up sells, insurance, etc. Usually I walk right up to the counter; never had more than one or two people in front of me. The area where the cars are located is kind of dark, so be sure to give the car a good once over for scrapes/dents. I signed up for their Enterprise Plus card and earn points with each rental that can be used for discounted/free car rentals in the future. I had a ten day rental in September; Buick LaCrosse with 3,600 miles on it....cost me $264 all in...great deal. I walked right up to the counter at 6:30 pm on a Monday, gave the counter person my credit card and ID; he asked me if I was interested in the gas "fill-up" option which I declined and was on my way to pick up the car....all within 2 minutes after I stepped off of the shuttle bus at the rental center. This has been my typical experience when I rent from these guys in Vegas.

One more time!
    Winter break
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A suggestion if you want more help.
    This is the MISC CHAT area, and lots of people do not always check it (mainly because it has some really RANDOM questions)
    Also, if your title describes the subject, that helps get answers

So, if you have posted about Enterprise in the GETTING AROUND section, you would get way more responses.

4. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also use them and I like them especially because they treat you like an adult (sort of). When asking about insurance and gas etc. they take your response as your choice and the only comment I have ever had is "You are aware of your responsibility in the event of an accident then?" No badgering or stares. About the car and its condition, I use my phone for pictures and haven't had a problem. They have a template which they show you the size of a dent being significant upon return.....it is fairly generous. I had one problem many years ago with a "ding" on the hood which looked like it came from gravel or somesuch and you'd have though I was arguing whether the car was totaled or not.....

Never a problem but be cautious and read what you are signing.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used them in several cities, including Las Vegas. If there's a line at the counter, you can usually use the machine. The actual wait is up at the car pick-up booth, however, as they show you to your car and such.

6. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my Qs will be across the board, so i thought it worthwhile to put 'em in one place. bad strategy? we'll see.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also thinking you should just do a new thread for each question: a lot of people, when reading message threads, will read the subject line, maybe the first post and then skip right to the end of the thread.

So whats likely going to happen is: you might ask questions 1 and 2 on page 1, question 3 on page 2, question 4 on page 5 and so on... and somebody who can provide the perfect answer to question 3, as an example, might not even see the question in the first place because they aren't going to dig through all the replies to try and find your questions.

Another issue is what a jumble its going to become: since you aren't just asking all of your questions at one time by the time you get them all out you will probably end up with something like a page 12 of your thread looks something like post 1 is a reply to question 1, post 2 is a reply to question 7, post 3 is a reply to question 1, post 4 is a reply to question 2, post 5 is a reply to question 6, etc

8. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good idea; just start the next thread Question 2 of 10.....and people will recognize it as a new question and know where it starts....like the NFL week X topic.....it would be horrendous to have to sift through to find where week 3 started after the thread was in full beast mode.....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  9. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you all have convinced me.. since i'm going to roll out my Qs piece meal rather than in one fell swoop (is that the phrase?) i'll go ahead and start multiple threads for the next eight or nine days.

thanks for the advice.

i've used Enterprise in Dallas and I was fine with their service overall, so if i end up with them, so be it. Alamo is still my first choice, they're the most relaxed company i have dealt with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.