1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

1,000,000 Total Rewards Points

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mrstealth, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I was at Harrah's Ak-Chin in Phoenix for the past few days. Arrived on Saturday the 27th and they were having a drawing in which every hour they gave away $1,000 in Free play (1 person got $500, and 5 got $100), and at 7pm, they gave away to 1 person 1,000,000 total rewards points.

You had to be present to win, and after they called your name you had to go to the promotion booth within 3 minutes with your id & total rewards card. They called 3 different names before eventually having a winner.

Needless to say while waiting for the drawing I was planning in my head how I was going to spend all of those points - lol!

My question to you all is this - what would you do with 1,000,000 rewards points ??

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's that 10k FP? I won 10k FP last fall and ran it all through $10 top dollar machines and cashed out almost 12k cash.

3. volfaninbama

volfaninbama High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got something about a similar promo in AC May 25 and then 1million dollars on May 26. I am going to be in Vegas or that would be a worthy promo.

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, its $10,000 of comps. You can convert it to free play, but at reduced rates. If you're a gold/platinum member, it's 200 points/$1 ($5k free play possible), Diamond 175 points/$1 ($5714 free play possible), Seven Star 125 points/$1 ($8000 free play possible).

I would try to spend it on a good chunk of it on hotel and food since I am a low roller, no longer have a CET property near me, and have no plans to get 7 Star status. Heck with the combo bookings CET offers now, maybe even flights to Vegas too. I would also get the TR Visa card for sure now because I wouldn't dare let 6 months elapse without earning a Reward credit.

5. Kickin

Kickin Flea

EDITED: tringlomane beat me to it.

If you think about it the $10k in comp dollars can go pretty fast since they take your RCs before anything else. Not that its not a nice win of course...

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  6. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one huge party in a big suite for 2 nights probably at ceasars

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you are limited to $500 a day in FreePlay when cashing in RCs

8. PeterNY

PeterNY Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would throw a big party weekend for friends / family and use the rewards that way. :beer:

9. AndyAkeko

AndyAkeko Time magazine's 2006 Person of the Year

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $10,000 is fifty $200 dinners. I will be dining on steak for quite a long while.

Or maybe I should get 200 Buffet of Buffets passes ... I could even afford the extra charge for the Caesars one!

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely an all expanse paid trip since you can use them to cover airfare. Even when I intend to live large, I find there is something that will hold me back from going all out so I could probably stretch it into two trips.

11. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the process to use them for airfare reimbursement?

12. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have a travel agency that you have to use to book the airfare. It's not a reimbursement and it's 2 points for every $1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.