1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cheapest/Fastest way from Aria to Renaissance

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by James G, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to find the cheapest and fastest way from Planet Hollywood to Fremont. I have reservations at Envy steakhouse in the Renaissance next to Fremont Street at 7pm and would like to leave the Aria (where I'm staying) at 6pm. Not sure if this will give us (2 people) enough time to make it down there. If I'm unable to find transportation I can drive but what's the fun in driving when you're in Vegas? We are watching Nathan Burton in Planet Hollywood, we got VIP passes. Was told the show ends around 5:45. Was hoping we could have drinks throughout the day. If this timeframe seems unrealistic I can push my reservation back to 7:30 or 8pm.

Thanks for the help.

:beer: James G

2. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One more thing. I need transportation back. Planning on leaving Fremont Street around 10/11pm.

3. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as I know, envy is not off of Fremont but on Paradise near the convention center. It's about half way between aria and downtown and 2 - 3 blocks west of the strip (paradise runs parallel to the strip)

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a litle confused the Renaissance is one block behind Wynn, should be a cheap cab ride from PH. But you also mention Fremont, am I missing something?

5. mrstealth

mrstealth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct, Envy @ Renaissance is on Paradise, Just south of Dessert Inn (Before convention center)

From PH make a right on Flamingo, and left on paradise (corner where terribles used to be, now 7 Seas) and it will be a few blocks up on the right - probably about a $10 cab fare I would guess.

It's about 1/2 way between aria and down town.

6. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    last time we went to envy we got the monorail to the convention center stop and its about 4-5 minute walk from there.:beer::wink2::beer:

7. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys I think the lady mislead me when I made the reservation. She told me it was near fremont street. I guess she was wrong. If it's close I'll jump on the monorail. I talked with my wife and we might actually just head back to our room and change and then leave. Looks like I might just back dinner to 8pm so she can get ready and then jump on the monorail.

Thanks guys!

8. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe a cab would be better. I think its $5 each way per a person on the monorail. So $20 round trip, might just take a cab.

9. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to Taxi Fare Finder, the cab fare from PH to the Renaissance hotel should range from $10.66-$12.30 and that's assuming that the driver doesn't try to cheat him. Since more than likely, he'd be paying for his wife's fare also, then a taxi will still cost him more money, even if just slightly more. He did ask for the cheapest/fastest way though and if you happen to want both, then the monorail would be the fastest from station to station. The problem is that PH is located in a bad spot for using the monorail. You either have to walk to the MGM Grand stop or the Bally's/Paris Stop. Once at the station though, as I pointed out, it would be the quicker of the 2 options and cheaper also.

10. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even if it were downtown, an hour is plenty of time. Even long cab lines move quickly and DT is not that far a drive

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  11. GeorgeandTheBear

GeorgeandTheBear High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Cheapest" and "Fastest" are seldom in the same category. This is a no-brainer, take a taxi.

12. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's true that "Cheapest" and "Fastest" seldom are in the same category, but in this case, there is a way that is cheapest and fastest. Now, if the question was cheapest/fastest/most convenient way to get to ____________ then more than likely taxi is the obvious answer, but if the OP just requires cheap and fast, then it's not a no-brainer at all like you claim it is. If it was such a no-brainer, then this debate wouldn't even be going on because either the OP would have already known the answer or the first person to post would have solved the problem for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.