1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp concert tickets

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Sydney10, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sydney10

Sydney10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What kind of play.......average bet, hours played, theo....is required for comp concert tickets with mlife and the cosmopolitan?.

2. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends what you are already getting? Are you there on a room comp? Rfb? Or are you just showing up from another property? Obviously, these woukd be two different senarios. It also depends on the concert. Supply and demand

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I think it varies on the concert and which mlife property you play at. My avg is around $200 and I get mlife tix and rooms to most fights and concerts at MGM Grand. I have not played much at Cosmo this year, but I have been getting regular ticket offers to their slower concerts at the Boulevard and shows at Chelsea.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    cosmo is easy as there desprate, mlife is harder

cosmo is comping anyone or anything it will change once the new owners take over.

mlife depends on the show and the value of the tickets are they 50$ tics or 250$ ticks, for mlif u will need a host or vip service to look at ur play to determine what you get also mlife likes if your staying there so free rooms and show or concert ticket packages unless u have a good history this way they know your putting the 4 hours a day at the tables

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The answer to that is not easy at all.

Are you getting room comps. Food? Freeplay?

Those are usually an indicator you are in the ballpark.

6. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to intervene here, but I was wondering if I contacted my Aria host (appointed to me upon checkout after I asked someone to review my play). If he would be able to comp me tickets to Andrea Bocelli in December?

To give you an idea for my play history with MLife, I've only played there once, for 3 days while I stayed at Aria. During those 3 days, I went from Sapphire to Platinum, and earned about 220,000 Tier Credits. I'm not sure of my coin in but this was strictly with STP Video poker, I'm guessing my coin in was somewhere around 75-100k.

Thoughts on weather or not I'm wasting my time contacting my appointed host to get free Andrea Bocelli tix?

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I'm afraid the only way you will truly know is to call or email your host and ask.

I went to Lady Gaga a few weeks ago at MGM, and was all set to go to Aerosmith last weekend, also at MGM. We made a last minute decision to try for Journey at MB instead. I contacted an MB host and he was able to set me up with the Journey tix and accomodations at Delano.

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would it be too early to email the host for a December concert? Also, does it matter that I don't have a host at MGM? (Host is at Aria)

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    is the show officaly announced , are tickets on sale if so no.

if i have host at aria ask him to get u the tickets, all the mlif host can get tics to all mlife events

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's getting ridiculous with Cosmo. Got an email today for 6 total tickets for 3 shows. I wish I was in town for Desert Hops. All summer I was getting offers for all the BLVD Pool shows. Now if they toss me some Bruno Mars tickets.....now we are talking.

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i went to kid rock and skipped the rest almost went to the boxing the other day theres so much free crap being throw around.
    i think once the new owners take over alot of unhappy people who really dont gamble will be in for a shock when there offers dry up

12. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When is the deal expected to close?

I will take advantage of what they're tossing while I can. I give them pretty much all of my action so we will see how it shakes out. Otherwise I guess it's back to mlife.

13. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just makes it more tempting to go. At least some of the concerts are okay... tempted to go to the Brad Paisley one...

14. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i thought before end of the year but need gaming board aproval

15. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got that offer too; just got back and heading out again in October. There are two I'd like to attend but to get to both, it means staying a week late August. Wish the last trip had been a winner so I could take advantage of the offer, but sadly...it wasn't.

16. Sydney10

Sydney10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also contact your CET host. They could get MGM tickets on your behalf. If you are staying at a CET property over the concert date, your host could back end comp the tickets.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    much harder for a cet host to get ticks for a mlife events ,you need to be alot stronger player than you do if you were staying at a mlife prop, thats calling in a big favor. they either have to get them from a brooker or thru mlife so you really have to be a big player to make it worth there while.

18. Sydney10

Sydney10 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you're right it would be easier for a mlife host to get tickets for a popular/sold out event. A CET host might be shut out in that case. My reply was specific to Gchrome. In his other posts he has indicated that he is 7stars at CET, but platinum at mlife.....and Andre Bocelli has availability, so a ticket broker's premium charge wouldn't be necessary. Mlife would bill the ticket cost back to CET.....it works the same way if a mlife player wanted tickets for Elton John at Caesars.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    belive it or not mlife gets a block of tickets pulled and that covers there players , cet would actualy have to get the tickets from the promoter or broker usualy promoter, it would be a favor they would get billed for it but its a bigger pain in the ass so you have to be a stronger player when asking for cross property stuff.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  20. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the responses, I think I'll first hit up the MLife host, if they can get me tix I'll stay there and give them a days worth of my play. Most likely he will say no, due to the infancy of the relationship...but we will see!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.