1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Surprising comp offer I couldn't refuse from Cosmo.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dancemom, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just about fell off the couch when I got an email yesterday from the Cosmo with an offer of 2 weekday nights. I am a low roller who hasn't played there in 2 years, and even that was very little. I'm already booked at The STRAT (booked through my host that I probably have barely earned) for 4 nights and 2 nights at NYNY courtesy of MyVegas for my trip next week. But today I called and double booked myself at the Cosmo just to see how the "other half" vacations in Vegas. Very excited!

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you made a good decision. Especially since the NY NY nights are just rooms from MyVegas - no play obligation at all. Be sure to do a trip report for us :).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  3. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool, I once got an offer from the Cosmo for some free nights but couldn't make it. I still regret not taking them up on it to this day!

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cosmo sends me offers and I will keep booking them. I'm a craps and roulette player so the rules are the same there as anywhere else. On the days you're at Cosmo, play what you normally would anywhere else and you'd be surprised at what Cosmo sends you. Since you have a host at the Strat I assume you have some sort of action. Though of the 3 times I've stayed at Cosmo I've upped my play each time. Maybe they see my trend as my offers have gotten better.

5. LOCALGAMBLER77

LOCALGAMBLER77 Local Las Vegan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will enjoy it! It is a beautiful property. Congrats!!

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes it is the same offer I get and I'm a black and Yellow chip player.

I like the Cosmopolitan the most as I like the rooms and location.

Book it fast as it fill up.

cosmo.jpg

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice offer. Well done. Enjoy it!

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an offer in the mail the other day for any two nights and $100 in promo chips. I'm not a black and yellow player...more like green. Reasoning on comps seem to vary wildly. If I press my place bets maybe I get over a $100 out there.

9. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I called to book the nights I expected to be told that it was a mistake and they wouldn't honor it. LOL Planned to book the nights at the same time as the last 2 nights of my Strat reservation but the first night was full so instead, I've got it during the last night of the Strat and first night of the NYNY nights. Couldn't just give up the NYNY nights as the offer at Cosmo was only for weeknights and my last night at NYNY (and in Vegas) is a Friday night. Yes, I realize what a pain it's going to be to to check into Cosmo Wednesday, out of Strat Thursday and into NYNY same day and then out of Cosmo Friday and finally out of NYNY on Saturday morning before our flight. But I will try to avoid peak times and at least at the Strat I can use the VIP room. LOL

My gambling budget ranges from $250-400 a day but since I keep playing it through slots, often for many hours, it does probably add up to decent coin in, at least for Stratosphere standards. Don't think that budget is going to get me looked at much at Cosmo, but I'm willing to take the free room and run.

Also, I'm going with a girlfriend who may have a male friend come stay for a night or two so to avoid awkwardness, I will at least have a place to crash (duh, I'll keep the Cosmo for myself in that case).

10. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to see Dancemom that we are there the same time. I did get a Wraparound Suite but the same offer. Maybe you should ask for a Wraparound suite also.

I like the Cosmopolitan it is very nice and in a great location. See you in two weeks.

11. Dancemom

Dancemom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PPHOLD, I will likely be placed in a City Room as I seriously don't have much of history with the property. Thinking I may ask for a complimentary upgrade to a fountain view but probably can't expect anything more than that. Still, I am excited and don't honestly care much where they put me as I really never expected to stay there. Awesome that we'll be there at the same time. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.