1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

anyone use supershuttle from airport to hotel?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by glock77, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glock77

glock77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems to get good reviews. Others like bell/gray line get horrible reviews. Thanks.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there more expensive than the others so i passed , almost the same as a cab to the strip

i belive they were 11$ one way and the others are 7$

the others are fine , showtime , bell are fine i use them all

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $11 one way? Wow...taking a cab at that point. We tend to take a cab now because we got unlucky with shuttle "wait times" too many times. And we're cheap as hell.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    only take a shuttle if your 1 person after that take a cab , its the same or cheaper

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the shuttle companies just upped their price to $8 for a one way strip ticket.

I've yet to have a truly horrible shuttle experience. I always travel solo so cabs are just a waste for me. Some trips take longer than others, but I always take early flights to Vegas so I always get to the hotel early in the day no matter how long the shuttle trip takes.

6. mdlee3_46041

mdlee3_46041 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've taken shuttles as a solo traveler and when in Vegas with other people. The only issue I've had is one time I was heading downtown and that shuttle route got combined with another route and it felt like we drove in circles for almost an hour. That's the only issue I've ever had with the actual ride. I've even used the round trip and have never had any trouble with the shuttle not showing up like other people claim they've had.

There is one thing I hate that is shuttle related, but not about actually taking a shuttle. If you're leaving Harrah's for instance on a Friday or Saturday night and want to take a taxi, the Harrah's employees try to convince you to take a shuttle no matter how many people are in your group. Then if you insist on taking a taxi, they'll get it for you, but they act nasty about it. I know this is because the shuttle driver gives them money, but still if somebody doesn't want to take a shuttle, don't act all nasty about it.

On my trip in June, my friend and I were checking out of Harrah's at about 3:45-4am. My friend took a little while to check out for some reason. It took me like 3 minutes, but it took him quite a bit longer. So we were then on a pretty tight schedule to get to the airport for our 6:30am flight. We walk out and get in the taxi line and the guy told us to go take the shuttle. He didn't recommend it, he actually told us. I told him that we didn't just want to take a taxi, we needed to take a taxi. He then tried to tell us there were no taxis there right then, which was actually true, but I figured one would show up quickly enough. The whole time we're waiting on a taxi, the guy keeps trying to push us towards the shuttle. Finally a taxi showed up and we got it, but we could have done without that guy's attitude.

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at Harrah's a few times on recent trips and its never been like that: coming out with luggage they have said me "Hey, are you guys going to the airport? We do have a shuttle service..." and then they point it out. I say no, that I'll take a taxi instead and they just say "OK" and thats that.

As for the SuperShuttle: they don't seem to be any different than the other shuttle companies. Like they don't have bigger shuttles or offer any additional services or anything. They do seem to be computer oriented so you can punch up on the computer to request your pick up time, confirm your reservation and find out where your shuttle is... but that doesn't seem to warrant a higher fare.

I thought maybe they were going to be bigger and roomier shuttles to which I would say that in most other cities where the airport is a long ways away from the average passenger's destination having more room would be great and probably worth the 50% increase in cost, but not so much in Las Vegas where most peoples' destination from the airport is only 10 minutes away... but that isn't the case, its just a normal looking shuttle bus.

When it comes to picking what shuttle company to use I think you should wait until you are actually at your destination and then you can just see who is next to load and go - most of the times I've gotten there and I'm wheeling my luggage out and I go past the Bell shuttle area and see a sign saying something like its a minimum 1 hour wait until the next shuttle to The Strip and there are 30-40 people sitting there waiting, meanwhile Showtime at the end has two shuttles loading up and about to go and these people probably just paid in advance and thats why they are waiting an hour for a shuttle because they don't want to eat that $7-8 in shuttle fare they paid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.