1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Tier Credits & Comps - VP vs Craps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by rjh1979, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjh1979

rjh1979 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone,

First time poster, long time lurker. I hope to heck this hasn't been posted before. My question is about the difference, if any, in comps if my tier credits are earned via VP or craps.

My bankroll is such that I'm aiming for 5,000 TCs a day (playing in AC for now - Harrah's if anyone cares). I've found that is a bit tedious getting to $50,000 coin in at .25-.50 10 line JoB (STP) and the variance swings playing the same at the $1 line can be a little much. So yesterday I got bored and tired of sitting after hitting 2,500 TCs and wandered over to the craps table. Any way, long story short things went VERY well and I colored up quite a bit. :) I played for probably 3-4 hours and the pit boss had me rated at a $600-$800 spread (I asked).

So I went to eat, came back to VP, stuck my card in and I surprisingly had 6,000 TCs for the day. So, my question...does CET or my host care where the TCs come from? I know CET likes machine players better but do they care when it comes to comps if my TCs are all VP, all craps, or a blend? In other words is 5,000 TCs 5,000 TCs no matter what?

Thanks everyone!

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

It sounds like two different questions with two different answers.

Yes, 5000 TCs is 5000 TCs no matter what as far as TCs go. You'll get the same bonus and be the same Diamond regardless of what game you earned them from.

But TCs are earned at a different rate with respect to theo on machines vs tables. Since your host cares about theo the answer to the first question is yes your host cares where your TCs come from. With machines its easy because they base it coin-in regardless of the game - 1 TC per $10 coin-in for VP or per $5 coin-in for slots. But they don't define it that way for tables and you're kind of in the dark. But working from my own numbers and what others have posted its clear that VP earns way more TCs per dollar theo than a game like BJ.

Its the same with MGM and I think it was shifter who once posted his host told him they were not crazy about VP players because they earned a ton of TCs but generated very little theo relatively.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If he's playing STP there though, they will probably be ok with theo. The games are in the 8/5 DDB range afaik.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. rjh1979

rjh1979 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is mostly STP Job with a little single line double-STP mixed in.

So...2500 TRs of STP VP vs. 2500 TRs of craps: VP (due to STP in the case) will yield a higher THEO than craps? Higher THEO = upfront comps, rfb, etc.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really depends on how you are rated on craps and how they set the machines overall theo. Is the paytable on the JoB game 8/5? If so, you're giving up more to the house on a percentage basis than a pure pass line player. But having $600 to $800 on the table on average might outweigh the ~$100-150 per minute you're probably wagering at VP.

Generally speaking, I read that CET tends to treat their slot/VP players better for relative amounts of play. But I don't bet enough (at tables especially) to have first hand examples to back this up. Maybe bigger CET players can weigh in on this, I would like to know if offers stay roughly consistent if you earn the same amount of TCs at tables vs. machines

Maybe Hunter can weigh in on this...

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. PHVHost

PHVHost High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys I am reading this now and formulating a response. About to get stuck in Diamond Registration duty for a couple hours so have some time to put some thought into this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.