1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Interesting drinks not to miss

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Izziebella, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebella

Izziebella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't say that I'm a big drinker...and for sure nothing that will knock me out. But as I walk the strip or Freemont street, are there any really cool drinks that I shouldn't miss? Fun, Fizzy, Fruity or FooFoo????

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip - Head into Wynn and grab a seat at Parasol Up. Work your way down the "Specialty" page on the drinks menu. On a hot summer day, their Strawberry-Grapefruit Collins is a life-saver. Then have a Parasol, and finish up with a Sinatra Smash.

3. 4Vegas

4Vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not into all the fancy drinks, just beer and bourbon. But I did see someone posting about a Bloody Mary a while back with a strip of bacon and a hard boiled egg in it. My next trip to Vegas I'm going to have to track that one down.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While playing at MSS during the morning and afternoon I enjoy getting a Virgin Bloody Mary. Just the right amount of spiciness.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a Fish Bowl at Finnz on Fremont Street. It serves 3 or 4 people and has several kinds of alcohol in it.

Bill

6. tipdrill

tipdrill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Verbenna at Cosmo

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Vesper at the Vesper Bar at Cosmo is also fantastic. Love the specialty list at Parasol Up/Down. Also love the cocktails at Bouchon -- they make the best Corpse Reviver #2 I've ever had.

8. talontamer

talontamer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone that travels the the U.S. oftentimes (my dad lives there) and being from Canada, you Yanks are REALLLLY missing out on the bloody mary's big brother drink The Caeser. It is essentially a Tomato/seafood (hint) like blend with different degrees of spice levels and it really makes the drink pop on the tongue. At places you can get several different kinds, like candied bacon Caesers or southwest sauce added.

-off topic but if you havnt tried it I highly recommend them.

9. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the goblet drinks at the Sugar Factory at Paris on the strip.

Also, Fat Tuesday at PH has some great daiquiris that you can get in yard sticks.

10. Onion

Onion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed Talontamer!! I always enjoy a good Caesar but I just don't enjoy the taste of a bloody Mary. I also wish that I could get a beer and clamato in Vegas for those hair of the dog morning drinks. But I still haven't found anywhere that carries clamato juice. Oh well, have to stick to coffee and Baileys in the morning to clear my head!!

11. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been a few years but one trip we tried to see how many extra shots you can buy with those drinks...turns out its 3. Talk about drunk with gut rot. Waaaaay too much sugar (hence why its been a few years and haven't been back)!

Last trip I enjoyed sitting at the Cosmo bar playing VP and trying different drinks the bartender recommended.

12. eisen7979

eisen7979 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you mention this, recently we were visiting a friends cabin up in International Falls, Minnesota (border of Canada) and they completely turned my wife out on these Caesers! Not we are back in the Twin Cities and my wife is trying to perfect her own version. I had never heard of these before this summer but apparently they are all the hype in Canada. Sorry, but I had to respond when I saw your post. :beer:

13. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anything from Vesper is amazing. I love just choosing an alcohol and a flavor and letting them create something unique.

14. sikotyk

sikotyk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every trip I must get beaten by the cosmos at cosmos, it just seems right.

15. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This....have to have a Caesar every morning in Vegas .....as a heads up, encore has them as well as Aria...cheers

16. Izziebella

Izziebella Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love a good Bloody Mary with lots of trimmings, for sure I'll try the Caesar. I don't want to forget any so I'm guessing a list might be a good idea.

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a little bar type thing, or at least there was, in front of Caesars by Serendipity that serves a great frozen lemonade with vodka.

18. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister is a fan of obscure cocktails and she played "Stump the Bartender" at Vesper Bar. They had a blast with the bartender there who really enjoyed my sister's knowledge of booze. She said that bar tab was the 2nd biggest expense of their trip, after the hotel room. :)

19. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll take a Manhattan with Aria's edition of Woodford Reserve (I usually get this at Jean Georges Steakhouse)

20. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It may be a little "foofoo" but I actually had a great frozen strawberry margarita at Cosmo. Our CW in the high limit room was bored and slow and insisted on making them for us, so we hesitantly agreed. It was a hot day, and that thing really hit the spot. I plan on going back for one -- and this is coming from someone who generally drinks makers mark or jack daniels on the rocks or with a splash of coke. It was a good change of pace!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.