1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The best chicken wings on the planet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by JWBlue, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at The Westin Las Vegas the past 10 days.

At the Westin there is a restaurant called Suede.

We had a few hotel employees tell us how good the chicken wings were so we decided to try them.

My girlfriend and I agreed they are the best chicken wings we had ever eaten.

They even looked perfect. I wish I would have taken a picture.

Why were they good? The spiciness was just right and they were not breaded. They were not greasy or slimy. They were cooked to just the right crispiness.

The morning after eating them we went to the host of Suede and told her that the chicken wings were the best we had ever had. She said that another hotel guest had come up to her that same morning and told her the same thing. That would be too much of a random coincidence if the chicken wings were not exceptional.

Of all places to have to have best chicken wings I have ever eaten.

$14.00 for a dozen.

2. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds delish. I'm a chicken wing enthusiast, myself.
    Not a fan of the breaded/battered ones.
    For me, they must be crispy and not over sauced to sog them up.
    I like spicy too.

These wings sound yummo. Thanks for the info, JW.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the tip! That's a place I likely never would've tried otherwise.

4. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know! I've stayed at the Westin 4-5 times when my husband is in Vegas for work. We've never gone to Suede, but walked past it a million times. We will have to try it next time!

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The chicken wings are on the menu at the bar.

They are not on the Suede menu but still can be ordered there if requested.

They go well with the grilled asparagus.

6. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue Ribbon @ Cosmo has good chicken wings too but this place seems like a better value.

7. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like eating the chicken wings at the Cal lanai (1st floor eatery located near the entrance that faces binions). The price went up, now it costs close to $6 for 10 pieces (or so) but it is still a decent deal. You can also request ranch or bbq sauce with your wings. Also comes with a scoop of rice. It was an awesome deal when it was $4.99.

8. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    makiki, I had some ono wings at a food truck on the north shore. Cannot for the life of me remember the name. Ring any bells?

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I hardly go up to the north shore anymore. Especially since it costs me a tank of gas (over $50 a fill up) to drive up there nowadays. Could it be the one with the shrimp truck? I used to play at Kahuku golf course. A ratty 9 hole course but it used to cost $10 to play 18 holes. Great price but with the price of gas in Hawaii (over $4 a gallon) it just isn't worth the drive to play up there, better to use the money to play at the semi private courses.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe? Funny, I just wrote a bit about Giovanni's, speaking of north shore shrimp trucks.

Wow, what do you drive that you burn a tank in that short of an up/back? Dude, try CA. I drove 93 miles one way and that only got me to Ventura. lol

11. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drive a 6 cyl SUV so usually going up to the north shore from downtown is usually 1 fill up to go around the island. I did rent a car on the big island earlier this year, ford fusion with the fuel efficient feature. I drove from Kona to Hilo and back (around the island) on less than one tank of gas, probably close to 400 miles running errands. I was totally surprised that I went so far on one tank of gas, wish I could get that kind of mileage on one tank with my SUV. But then I only drive about 500 miles a month so I usually fill up about twice a month.

12. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly I don't think I ever went to a bar or restaurant out there specifically looking for wings. Have had them some were good some were ..ahhh but nothing to write home about. As an aside best I ever had ( ANYWHERE) were the "DOOB " wings at the Hard Hat Café in North Haven ( CT). The have won numerous awards in New Haven county.

13. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First I thought maybe you were a bit drunk when you paid $14 for wings, but then aren't we all in Vegas. But to claim they were the best on the planet might be stretching the truth somewhat even if you were not drunk....LOL

If you really want GOOD WINGS you have to travel to Buffalo, NY and hit "Duffs" for wings. Even Obama thought they were the BEST he has ever had.

Many will argue that "Anchor Bar" in Buffalo the original place wings were made is the best but "Duffs" have consistently beat out "Anchor Bar" over the years in blind taste test....and on my tongue as well.

BTW remember.........if you don't order your chicken wings HOT you are just eating chicken.

14. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good god I love my chicken wingies!!!

Where I live on the west side of CLE, they do a "Chicken Wing Crawl" the third Saturday in August(luckily I get back from Vegas the night before)

$20 buys you 4 wings(2 flavors) at 12 different bars. Its a bar crawl meets a wing crawl. All the bars are within 1.25 miles on one main road so its all walk-able but the $20 also gives you access to the shuttles that run. So 48 wings and 24 flavors.....hard to beat for $20. And at the end of it, you vote on your fav and the bar or bars get accolades.

15. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then my son........this wing fest is make to order for you........been there a few times....good times.

http://buffalowing.com/

16. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. Username

Username VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there just last week for the NFL Hall of Fame and the Hard Rock Hall of fame.........the city is LOOKING GOOD ! ! !

18. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shockingly they are dumping some good money into downtown and making it look like a reputable city. I moved here 5 years ago however I live in Lakewood which is the closest city west of downtown CLE. Not sure how long you were here but I would have pointed out a couple must-see places to eat or at least have a drink at. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Shockingly they are dumping some good money into downtown and making it look like a reputable city. I moved here 5 years ago however I live in Lakewood which is the closest city west of downtown CLE. Not sure how long you were here but I would have pointed out a couple must-see places to eat or at least have a drink at. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

19. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

20. zignerlv

zignerlv VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious, does the Westin serve the wings with Blue Cheese Dressing or Ranch? I was shocked that out West they seem to have gone to Ranch as the dressing for wings. Its funny that in LV they look at you funny if you ask for Blue Cheese dressing instead of Ranch and seem to have no idea that Blue Cheese is the choice where the wings became known and famous

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.