1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting a cab from Ellis Island

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Canuckguy, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canuckguy

Canuckguy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On an upcoming trip, I wanted to take my friends over to Ellis Island for some BBQ, on a Monday night how hard is to get a cab from there back to the strip? The reason I ask is, I read quite a few reviews and a common theme seemed to be a problem catching a cab.

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It probably depends on when. There are times when there are lots of cabs coming in and out because there because cabbies seem to stop there a lot on meal breaks. Otherwise, you can't find one. I would suggest keeping the number for a cab company in you phone so you can call for one. And it's not a bad walk to Bally's where you can easily catch one if you are headed far north or south on the strip.

3. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Ellis. Where will you be staying on the strip? If you're staying mid-strip, it's pretty much within walking distance.

4. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's very easy. Just go to the players club counter. They will happily call you a cab. You then walk a few steps, exit the building, and (in my experience) a cab shows up quickly. There are a lot of cabbies who eat there and in general they just seem to be around.

5. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't know where you are going on the Strip, but it is an easy walk to Ballys. I've stayed at the Westin several times (just across the street from EI) and made the walk, even alone, at all hours of the day and night. Takes 10 minutes.

6. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a convenience store right next door to Ellis Island and lots of cab drivers stop there for there breaks. I have always just walked over and asked if they can take a fare after their break is over and never had a problem.

7. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think getting a cab will be a hassle, take the 6-8 min walk to Ballys. You can easily walk right to the taxi stand and get one. Probably save you a few bucks too.

8. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not to drag out this thread, but to quote myself (regarding getting a taxi at Ellis Island): "It's very easy." No need to walk to the Bally's cab stand (which is on the other side of the property from EI, more like a 10 minute walk at a fast pace). On the other hand, if the OP is staying at Bally's, well then yeah, walk.

Last trip I cabbed between Aria and EI three or four times, no problem. A couple of the cabbies did seem a bit surprised to be taking a fare from EI to Aria. "What were you doing at Ellis?" was the most common question...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.