1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Tier Credit Question/Scenario

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Nolablackjack, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolablackjack

Nolablackjack Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hypothetically speaking,if I wanted to earn Diamond Status in a day, would this work:
    Go to an approved Rewards Credit location, drop $5000+ on a purchase of course showing my Total Rewards Card.

This would net me the 5000 Tier Credits plus a bonus of 10000 to make diamond. According to the TR website, the credits post 3 days after purchase...so then I should be able to get my diamond card, right?

Ok...now the big question....what happens if I return all of the merchandise? Is the Diamond status taken away?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i belive yes ,i think same with mlife , people have done the same and the credits have disapeard

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

You get TCs for purchases with CET? I know you do with mlife, but i always thought you only get RCs for purchases at CET.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Awesome! I had no idea...thanks! If I am ever just short of Diamond, I know to spend a little coin. Unlike mlife, i feel there actually are benefits to having at least Diamond at CET.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is nothing in the link on that page about Earning Tier Credits for getting them with the CC - where are you seeing that this is available now? In the current online application there is no mention of earning Tier Credits either - only the Reward Credits.

7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

On the bottom of the page Kickin linked to, are more links to FAQs. One of those links is about TCs, which says you earn 1 TC per $1 spent on hospitality purchases.

"You can also earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 in Hospitality purchases by paying cash or credit card at participating outlets."

8. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are referring to this full sentence: You can also earn 1 Tier Credit for every $1 in Hospitality purchases by paying cash or credit card at participating outlets.

Ok - I read it as using their TR Card - as in credit card - not just players card. Not too sure there is enough in the retail venue/gift shop that I would want to spend $5000 on lol.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    definatly no bonus that i can tell u

10. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

11. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's great, I had no idea you earned tier credits on these purchases. Makes paying $7 for a bag of chips a little easier to swallow! :)

12. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So the use of your Total Rewards Visa on approved Rewards earns TCs ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.