1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Full Tilt

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sugi, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sugi

sugi Newbie

Has anyone heard of the auction going on in California for liquidating Full Tilt
    merchandise?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't heard much about it, but did read a small blurb on the internet about it last week.

They are auctioning off 200,000 items and they are also running "swag" tournaments where you can win merchandise... my thinking is that when the new owners take over they are probably going to retire the Full Tilt brand name and sell off the software.

Some people would take that as meaning this stuff is going to become rare and collectible and that they should grab as much as they can to resell for profit down the road... I don't see that happening: if they retire the Full Tilt brand the stuff will have a short lived spike up in value and then just fade away to nothing because so much of it is on the market, enough to satisfy any demand for the next decade and then by then there'll be no demand.

As for participating: you won't actually have to be in California to bid, you can do so online at ProxiBid.com

But if you are thinking of doing that: the auction is August 2nd so you should go over there now and see what you need to sign up as a bidder... you don't want to be signing up to bid on the day of the auction and then find out there is a bunch of red tape and hoops to jump through before you can bid and then end up missing half the auction while you get any paperwork ready (if they need any, it depends on the auction and auction house).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.