1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas clubbing on a budget

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by lasvegas_limo_driver, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some of you come to Vegas and dont do clubs or do and thats all you do. Since all of you have a guy and get stuff for free, keep calling your guy.

1. how many girls/guys in group: this makes a huge difference in how much your entry or table service will be

2. clubs/music of choice: hip hop, edm or clubs with multiple genres

3. entry or tables/budget. Figure 20-40 average for guys and free-20 for ladies. tables typically start at 1500, bigger the club, bigger the dj and bigger the group, the more money

from memorial day to labor prices are steadily higher than winter. after halloween to nye tables are cheaper as well as after january 1st till march madness, except during big conventions. groups of guys WILL pay, groups of ladies can get free entry and if the club thinks your good looking you can get free table. if you cant afford $30 cover and $15 for drinks, then go to places like Osheas, Rockbar, DB's, carnival court, voodoo and other party bars.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i will add a little rember to figure this on table service roughly 30 percent add on to what your qouted for taxes and gratuity and usualy an extra 100-200$ for some handshakes for security and other miscelaneous.just a heads ups

maybe a club sticky one days , just a suggestions

psss yes there are hookers at all the nite clubs in vegas its vegas after all, the higher end nite clubs the higher the price you will be qouted.words of wisdom for a late friday nite

3. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whew, they'll be waiting a LONG time for that "handshake" for me baby.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and you will be waiting along time to get to the bathroom and not have your booze stolen and if you want girls they bring them, if you want girls thrown out they do it, a handshake goes a long way when you spend 750-1000$ on a bottle of booze , its tit for tat , vegas is a service industry

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats the biggest thing, is the informal handshake. Difference between a table in the corner and table on floor. Most clubs run minimums for people count not the location.

6. Gofaster87

Gofaster87 Low-Roller

Hmm Ive clubbed in Vegas from the beginning and never had my booze stolen from my table or had a problem with the bathroom or ropes. Ive never shaken hands with security to give them money , just a hello. If you have to do that constantly there is something wrong. Being a good guy goes a long way. You dont have to buy respect.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if u buy a bottle service security watches ur table and handles the fuctions i mentioned, so tipping is customary , they can cut the bathroom lines u should see the lines at tao or light or some of the or club plus there are private bathrooms they can walk you to,

why would u shakehands with security to give money if you didnt want to get something

8. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The handshake is worth it. We have had people try to schmooze over to the table and act like they are in the party to get a drink. The security guy was on it before we could even tell him. That was at a 12 person table at Moon back in the day when it was hot. Pure madness when two guys get a table and open two bottles and invite girls over, they come over, but guys try to follow.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats for a host to bump up your location just like matra d i the resturant, do you think you might have something over there

but security is like insurance once the host is gone, he will make sure you have no problems all nite, when you paying 5 k for a table whats 100$ for piece of mind nothing especialy if you have wifes with you are want to hit the dance floor and to make sure you come back and all your stuff is still there.

tipping is not a city in china

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the tipping of the club host, security etc. They will make your night MUCH better with better tables, security will bypass the bathroom line for you and lead you there while moving everyone out of the crowded club, move ppl away from your table you don't want there, etc.

Just like the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I was just in vegas 2 weeks ago, I won 17k but spent close to 10k partying for 4 nights. That is excessive but it was a good "deal" based off of what I received.

11. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done this for a long time. I keep notes on customers as well as a lot of other ppl. Clubs technology is getting better also. Tracking names, email, phone numbers. I won't say amounts, but I always tip my host, security and sometimes bottle popper and if the bus boy is helpful, him to. Tipping is Vegas and you get more. I promise ppl this, club tells you 3 k minimum your going to get a better spot with a tip, but here's the thing, they put you in the system. With hosting companis you can get a better spot, same minimum for a nice handshake.

12. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys say handshake. What you mean is slipping them $20? $60? $100?

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends are u trying to cut the line, how many guys with you,

all depends what you are trying to do ,you one price, 10 guys a larger handshake

security to watch ur table when you go dancing is big plus also when you want to get rid of drink rants, so you take care of them.

14. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds reasonable.

15. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the handshake has different values. If you are a bunch of guys then look at how much entry is. If entry is $40 per head and you are skipping the line and not paying cover, then tip at least the cover per person. in my opinion. If your with girls, if you are close to even ratio girls and guys then tip for guys, but i would say dont tip for girls, if you dont wait at all then maybe 5-10. honestly it would be how fast they get you in. If a door guys pulls you from the line but still makes you pay cover then $10-20 a head, unless he says $100.

When calling in for a table or booking online is where you can run into some challenges. Most clubs have software that puts people in and it is random, but usually when you get a 3k min and there is one table at 1500 min, then you can assume its not in a prime area. SO you decide if you want to pay the minimum or throw $200 or more to host, but dont show up at midnight and want to upgrade. You show up before 11 and throw a shake, you can typically get a better table for the same price.

This is all in my own opinion and people have different opinions.

16. chekraze

chekraze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa there. I wan't to hear more of your $10K partying. Cool. :nworthy:

Where did you go? How many people? Give us a mini trip report

17. chekraze

chekraze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hardest working guy when I've had tables are the bussers. non-stop action. I always tip those guys. Usually I can get them to bring pitchers of water so at end of night we aren't buying $8 bottle of Fiji from club.

Limo driver, Why all the secrecy of sharing what handshake to host should be for when you are getting a table? People should know what to expect.

18. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have been on this board for over 10 years, did nearly all the limo work when i drove for presidential and clubs were a side thing for me. I have gotten numerous people from the board free entry on busy nights or b1g1 bottles. to be honest with people on here, i would rather take care of people than them call their buddies buddy or the clubs.

The tip for a host is different at every club and each night. I wouldnt tip the same at 1oak as i would for a 10k min for owners table at Hakkasan. The other thing is, for me its a little different. I might be doing some limo work for the guy in trade for a customer to save 2k. They say its who you know, nope, its how you know them in Vegas.

19. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:

i agree a tip on thursady will be less than a saturday
    a tip to see calvin harris will be less than pauly d

and location location location

a little comon sense also

if drinks are 15-20$ you can do the math on what your nite will cost.

ps drias on tuesday rocks ,ill have a full review and pics up when im sober.probaly monday

mr limo i havent forgotten,ill try to get in touch weve been doing phone tag .

20. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not sure about many of you, but here is how i figure how much i will drink. I roughly figure 3 drinks per hour, if are there 4 or 5 hours and drinks are roughly $20 with tip. Justifies 10 guys spending 2-3k on min.

Since Drai's moved to Ballys, i have had issues with them when it comes to clients. I really stayed away from there. But now one of the guys i worked with at Pure is over there and we are working some thing's out. As soon as the new wears off SLS it will be a hot spot for me. Only thing is , i think SLS might be a little plain, but we will see. They will have to do some changes in the first 6 months.

No problem paper, if i cant get it im going to be focusing on corporate concierge stuff again. Would be nice to have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.