1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio Pool? What's it like?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found a groupon for some great pricing for the Rio Pool, $199 cabana with a bunch of drinks. I haven't heard a thing about the pool there, as I only stay on the strip.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Second_To_None

Second_To_None Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not a pool person - at least not in Vegas. My wife, on the other hand, is. I haven't stayed at Rio for 3-4 years or so. From what I remember there are 2 or 3 pools here. The main pool had a DJ. Not the fanciest pool, but better than your basic pool. Wife enjoys the pool at Rio as it's not super crowded like strip hotels are. We stayed at Caesars in May - Caesars pool better than Rio - hands down. But wife wouldn't mind going back to the pool at Rio.

3. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually stay on the Strip as well, but decided to stay at Rio last May comped. I loved the Rio pools. There are basically 3 pools, the sandy beach pool which caters to kids, the main pool, and the Adult pool. The Adult pool was my favorite because i'm limited mobility wise because of my stroke.
    I was there on weekdays only, so the Adult pool didn't have a live DJ, but the music was DJ inspired, totally separate from the main pools. But i was at Rio in the middle of May, so the schedule probably changed to summer hours etc soon after.

The Adult pool has waterfalls (which i loved because i could stay in the same spot), i loved the music, and it was less crowded (because of the no kids rule). I also loved the sandy beach pool (i would use this in the mornings, then the Adult pool once it opened in the afternoon). But i'm sure all the Rio pools are crowded during mid June to mid Sept. YMMV.

But if the Rio was on the Strip, i would use Rio as my home base.

4. vinniemac274

vinniemac274 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were at the Rio a couple times over the winter and some of the pool area was being refurbished. Not sure of the extent.

We were at the Rio for 10 days 6/27 - 7/7 and some of our group used the pools several mornings. I went out and sat with them one day although did not go into the water. The pool was not overly crowded and my son and his group enjoyed it very much. Did not realized there was an adult only pool so I wasn't looking for it. Nice area.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.