1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

THEHotel/Delano

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 7out7, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7out7

7out7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have reservations at THEHotel in August for a Panoramic Suite. After checking the website, it would appear this is a Delano room. I tried to make a reservation to check the cost, and you can't book that room until Sept., which is when the Delano officially opens. So, is the switch pretty much made, just waiting for the official name switch, or am I not getting the room I found online? Have any of you stayed there lately? Curious about the situation.

PS - can someone shoot me a PM for the countdown timer. I can't find it after the update.

2. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The renovations are occurring floor by floor. The new name is already on the building. By late August, it will be done. Sept 1 is official opening date for Delano.

Now the bad news: the picture of the huge living room that is on the web site is WRONG. That is the Penthouse suite. The actual living room looks very similar to the regular rooms, but it is a bit wider and has an extended couch. I am 99% sure this is the Panoramic suite from a recent trip report. It is the old V Suite.

jebupypa.jpg

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with jd. THEhotel never had anything called a Panoramic Suite, although I think they started selling them in anticipation of the switchover.

The text description of the Delano Panoramic Suite is that of the old V Suite, and the living room picture associated with it is wrong.

The pricing of the Panoramic Suite also looks like V Suite pricing in relation to the regular suites. BTW, the new prices are almost double what THEhotel rooms went for.

If your price was somewhere in the 200's, then the V Suite/Panoramic Suite is what you booked. If you got it for less under the old V Suite pricing, then that's good. Just don't expect that huge living room.

4. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hopefully we can soon get some reviews from board members who stay here. The prices will go down some, after the newness wears off.

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least one Trip Report is already posted in the Trip Reports section of the forum. Dutchvelvet posted his TR 'LIVE: At the Delano 6/20- ' and provided several pics of the room.

6. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After reading jdvegas' post I think I have the panoramic suite thing figured out. The room I stayed in when I was there was the "King Strip View." It is the old "V" suite from THEhotel. The "V" Suites on the end of the building actually have a slightly different floor plan, because they have windows around the corner.

panoramic-floorplan-Lrg.jpg

It looks like Delano is now calling the suites on the end with the extra windows "panoramic suites" As jdvegas mentioned, the living room picture they have on their site for the panoramic suite is wrong (it's actually a picture from their penthouse suite). The living room will actually look just like the one from my picture that jdvegas linked. The only difference from my room in the trip report will be that the bedroom part will have extra windows because it is on the end of the building. It will also necessarily be the farthest from the elevator, if that matters to you.

If you have any questions about what Delano was after reading the trip report feel free to post or pm me.

7. Nick61

Nick61 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much for the tip/info.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you booked a King Strip View room, and you got put in the floorplan in your post, then you got upgraded.

That floor plan is for the V Suite/Panoramic Suite.

As for Strip View vs non-Strip view:

The building is shaped like an L. I can tell from reading the new room descriptions that if your room is on inside of the L (facing north or east), you have a Strip View room. If you're on the outside of the L (facing west or south), it's a non-strip view.

If they kept the same numbering scheme, Strip View rooms would be 9-and-an-even number and 8-and-an-odd-number
    The V Suite/Panoramic Suites would be 916 (inside corner), 917 (outside corner), 815 (inside corner), 816 (outside corner)

The old THEHotel didn't make any distinction between strip views and non-strip views (ie. you couldn't specifically book a strip view vs a non-strip view).

9. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The linked floor plan was not what I stayed in, but it should be what OP is booked for.

I think the confusion is caused by the Delano website which has pictures of the penthouse suite (the giant living room) linked under the panorama suite.

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The old V suite is what Delano is calling the panoramic suite - I know that for a fact. And the Delano's website is confusing because of the giant mirror by the couch - looks bigger than it is.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OK. I got confused becauwse you had these two sentences back to back:

12. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [​IMG]

Here's a pic of the corner room that I stayed in about a month ago. It was nice and clean (lots of white!) and I look forward to staying here again in a couple of weeks.

13. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  14. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One last pic of the view.
    [​IMG]

15. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were doing a lot of work in the lobby area but our floor was done. My host said the Delano pool was done but she is in Dallas, so I am not sure if that is 100% correct. I'll find out in a couple of weeks.

16. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm staying there the end of the month and I'm reading reports that the pillows are literally rock hard. Did you find there was a pillow issue? :)

17. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was your room loud? Last time we stayed at the Hotel in April of this year we had a very noisy room at night.. I think we could hear the nightclub music.. since it would stop around 3:30 or so... The Hotel denied us being near a nightclub...(Mix?) I don't even know.. .all I can say is it was super loud at night and was very hard to sleep... We have comps at the Delano for 3 nights in October for basic suite, but we've been comped the panoramic corner one you are showing (last time at the Hotel).. so if someone could tell me where I should ask to stay to avoid the loud evening noises, I'd appreciate it. We tend to be out and stay out late, but if we come back at 1 or 2 or even 3 am, we expect the room to be quiet enough to sleep.

We would prefer to be upper floors and with a view of strip or the pool if possible, but if being up high makes it noisy... I don't know anymore. Please advise which side/floors I should ask for? Thank you!

Thanks. Looking foward to the changes at Delano.. The Hotel was looking a little worn lately.

18. lisaloveslv

lisaloveslv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES! We stayed in a regular Delano room. The pillows were absolutely terrible! We kept wondering where they came from since the bed was the most comfortable bed we have slept in.

19. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really liked The Hotel. It was probably my favorite on the strip. Why'd they go messing with it? It was classy contemporary. I guess they want to be able to ask more money for those rooms by putting a NAME on the building. Do they still have the Keurigs in the room?

20. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes on the Keurig.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.