1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo Monaco suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Kryten2x4b, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have booked 6 nights at the Monte Carlo from 1st September , the room booked is the standard room . I have contacted the hotel re an upgrade and have been offered a Monaco suite for $15 per night, this sounds like a great offer to me for a room almost double the size , with fridge etc.

Given the week we are going will be a bit quieter as it is after Labor day , is there a chance I would maybe get an upgrade anyway ? should I wait or bite their hand off ?

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If a bigger room is important to you, $15 a night is pretty small in the scheme of a 6 night vacation (~$100 after tax). I could see the room getting some use and I would just jump on it.

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, how important is it to you? We only stay in suites now...not high rollers, we pay. But to us a fridge, sofa, room to spread out is important. We are getting older and do spend time in our room...comfort to us is priority #1, not fancy, comfortable. You will read oodles of posts that talk about someones free upgrade....not us, guess we were never the lucky ones. For that reason we just book what we want from the beginning. What it comes down to is whether or not you will be disappointed if you get to the checkin clerk and are told there are NO upgrades available. If yes, book it now. The upgrade charge you were quoted seems very reasonable to me. We stayed at MC in April and loved it, have a great time!

4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you feel like starting your gambling with the $20 trick and asking if they had any Monaco Suites available, that's your prerogative. I can tell you, having stayed in both, that I wouldn't hesitate to upgrade to the Monaco over the standard room. Way more room to spread out, you have a fridge, you're close to the elevators and ice maker, and you have an extra toilet. Collectively, these are worth $15/night.

5. Kryten2x4b

Kryten2x4b Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its our 3rd visit and with 6 nights we will hopefully be spending more time relaxing , I have just emailed to confirm we will take the upgrade as the room, fridge, extra room etc will be a benefit and give me room to relax when waiting for Mrs F to get ready.

Thanks for your replies

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this is the right move and Monte Carlo doesn't give out the upgrades for free very often.

We've stayed in the Monaco Suites a few times and I really like the rooms:
    - king sized bed
    - 2 bathrooms
    - sitting area with sofa
    - couple of desks and tables
    - lots of floor space
    - mini fridge
    - they are right near the elevators

7. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh! I have a high floor deluxe room for the same period, and now I have to think about calling for an upgrade!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.