1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monorail prices

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Chrisnewton, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Does anyone know the prices of using the monorail in Vegas? Can you buy day or week passes etc?

Thanks all

Chris

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes and yes.
    https://tickets.lvmonorail.com/

3. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very helpful

4. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the my vegas game on facebook lets you buy one get one free that does not affect your 3 rewards.:wink2::beer::thumbsup:

5. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again

6. Patripman

Patripman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always find specials for the monorail in the small coupon books found in most taxi's, hotel lobbies etc.. The last coupon this past May had a 3 day pass for $21.00 and must be purchased at the ticket booth and not the kiosks.

P

7. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just picked up a 4-day BOGO pass at MyVegas.

This will be our first time at MGM Grand and we thought we might as well use the Monorail. I never really considered the Monorail since all the other hotels we stayed at don't have monorail stops. But now that we are landing at MGM we might as well give it a go. I can tell you we are excited... mostly me since we usually rent a car and I'm usually the driver. Well, now that I won't be driving I might as well be sipping on some more cocktails, obviously.

The BOGO's on MyVegas are at a great LP value and don't count against the 3 rewards within 30 day limit. Also, each player can redeem up to four of each monorail rewards, which is huge compared to the Mlife rewards.

The BOGO's must be redeemed at the service counter. And a tip for the solo rider is to get a BOGO for themselves and use the second ticket either on a later trip or on the latter half of their current trip (i.e. for a 4-day trip to get a 2-day BOGO and use the first ticket for the first two days and the free ticket for the last two days).

8. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have enough for 2 x 7 day monorails passes on my Vegas. If I bought these they would be both under my name would my wife still be able to use one of them?

9. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are no names on the passes. You just take your confirmation email to the booth and pay for 1 pass and they will give you 2. So the answer to your question is yes your wife can use one of the passes.

10. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you

11. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't used the monorail passes yet, but they seem like bus passes in that the pass is like a key to a locked door. No name or number is attached to it and anyone who beholds the pass can use it for the duration of the time printed on the pass. If you lose the pass it is on you and can't be reprinted, and whomever finds the lost pass can use it for themselves. If you lose the pass you have to buy a new one. Just keep all of this in mind.

But because there is no name attached to the pass you can easily share it. Joe can use it one day then give it to Steve the next day. Betty can use it on a ride up the Strip while Philip can use it for the way back. The latter part isn't logical but just shows that anyone can use it at any time within the time limit.

Also, the time of use starts upon the first ride (actually when you first pass the gates). This means you can buy your pass early if you want to get it out of the way. You have one year to use it for the first time.

My GF and I love the monorail at Disneyland so we are looking forward to use it a lot. Not to mention, for those of you who have used the ART Shuttle around Disneyland or the Bus system around LV Blvd, the LV Monorail seems to have a very similar ticketing systems as that with wonderful unlimited day passes. Once you get the pass you feel free, and this coming from a person who rents cars a lot. I just don't want to deal with driving and have the pleasure of having a [STRIKE]whole lot[/STRIKE] couple more cocktails while out and about. :drunk:

12. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brilliant thanks a lot

13. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you aren't staying at MGM or LVH, there is little reason to use the monorail. It is located at the FAR east side of these resorts.
    When the monorail was free, we took it from Ballys to MGM....then discovered it took about the same amount of time to simply walk along the strip from Ballys to MGM.
    So we never took it again.
    I would only take it if I had a convention at LVH & was staying on the strip with no car.
    Note hours as well 7AM-midnight (3AM on weekends)

14. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aren't the 7-day passes BOGO? If so, you'll need to purchase one pass at the ticket office and you'll get another pass free. You'd only need 2 of the myVegas rewards if you either need 4 passes or need them for 14 days.

15. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monday is the only day it stops at midnight, Tuesday to Thursday it's 2am and Friday sat and Sunday it's 3 am

16. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea your right I read that wrong

17. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The monorails also runs 7am - 2am Tuesdays - Thursdays.

I've done the Strip walk with taxi help, the bus system, and the last 3 trips renting a car. I am more than ready to try out the monorail. Since we will be calling MGM home for 6 days we might as well give it a try. It's a 2 minutes ride from MGM Grand Station to Bally's, 4 minutes from MGM to Flamingo, 6 minutes from MGM to Harrah's, and 15 minutes from MGM to SLS. Not bad at all, especially if it's north of 100 degrees outside. I don't have to worry about traffic, finding a parking space, or waiting for my car at valet pick-up. I've waited more than 15 minutes several times at valet. And to be honest, I want to have the same luxury of having my share of cocktails without having to worry about driving. Two drinks was usually my limit last few trips, not even enough to feel a buzz, and while in Vegas it seems like I am being punished while watching everyone else enjoying the nectar of the gods.

I agree to not consider the monorail if not staying at a hotel with a station. While staying at Palazzo, Venetian, Mirage, Luxor, and even Excalibur the monorail was never a thought in my mind as practical transportation. But now that we are giving MGM a try the monorail fits perfectly. I already canceled the car reservation and reserved the monorail BOGO from MyVegas. MGM seems like the perfect location to use the monorail. I can take the monorail to travel north and the option of the free Mandalay Bay Tram will serve my needs going south. I feel safe with the decision to cancel that car rental.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.