1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

letting a friend use your mlife comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by chonglosaxon, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play tables primarily and played some slots and vp a couple of trips ago. I probably will not make it back before the tier levels reset. Question is can i use the money/points i have accrued on my card without being there? Can i transfer or give my card to say a "girlfriend" and they use the points and money before it expires? I have several cards from different properties that this applies to. Thanks

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure they would request ID that matches the name on the card when trying to use the points/comps which would make it practically impossible for someone else to use them. Unless you have a host at those properties who might be willing to help you spend your points on your friends, I don't think you would be able to do it.

I can't remember, but I'm not sure you lose the express comps when things reset... I believe you have to have either 6 or 12 months of inactiviry before they remove those, whereas the tier points reverts to 0. Someone else may know those details better than I do though.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if your worring about your ec expering in 6 months and you have a friend going just have them use your card in the slot machine and get a point and u have another 6 months.

if u have free slot pont play just give them ur card and passcode they can use it in the slot machine, tables they cant,

notsure what else your asking

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you need to use your points, they want to see the card and the ID. If there are some downloadable slot play points, that can be done at the machine without ID checking. Keep in mind, it will show you have been there, and your ADT will take a hit.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do this sometimes but only with machines. I'm a CET guy but also have my buddy's MiLife card because he only goes to Vegas once or twice a year. I go 3 times a year.......May, August, and Nov. I'll use his MiLife card next month to give him some points and keep his expiration date current.

He usually goes to Vegas in Sept. and/or Jan. (Football/Super Bowl). But i never have him use my CET card. I'm in Vegas 15 nights per year, he only goes for 2 or 4 nights per year.
    But i never have him use my card because of the ADT (i also don't use my CET card the day i'm leaving, and just to be safe rather than sorry, i don't use my card after midnight on the day i'm leaving).

He usually stays at the Circus, but the last couple of times i used his card at Mirage he has received some really nice offers at Mirage. I plan on doing the same next month, and the next time he goes to Vegas he will be overlooking the Volcano instead of some Bozo (the clown). He took my advice about registering for e-mails online at MiLife.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  6. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per MLife...

Do my Express Comps expire?
    Express Comps will not expire as long as you play on your M life account every 12 months.

7. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't this create a problem if you got a handpay using someone else's players card? Could they withhold payment?

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, just say you didn't know a card was in the machine or that you accidentally put in the wrong one.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup or pull it

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People ask this continually, and it is not a problem.

Take the card out before they get there. Sure, they could look it up, but apparently they do not, or do not care. It is too easy to have the wrong card in the slot. They just want to know who to give the W-2 to. And, to avoid this, just play machines with less chance of hitting $1,200 in the first place. Problem solved.

Besides - how many handpays seem to happen these days in Vegas?

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your card was in a machine when a jackpot hit, the person playing the machine would get the W-2, but the win might screw up your Win/Loss statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.