1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Picnic by the pool

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by sapphirevegas, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, for up coming september trip so far I have purchased...

$50 steakhouse credit at Excalibur
    2 free dinner buffets at Mirage (bought separately cause its a waste to pay triple for the 2 combo pass)
    $100 fuel the Duel at Monte Carlo
    $50 Monte Carlo food credit (yay finally!)

I am going to do the monorail of some sort. We have one major reward left to use. I really want to get the picnic by the pool. I have never been there before and like the idea of a wave pool and lazy river for some pool fun. My other option is the $75 Tender credit. The BF will gladly eat steak every day, but I don't think I want to do 2 steakhouses in a 6 day trip. Opinions???

Yearly trip
    Part two
  2. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That Fuel the Duel reward is a great one, but we always go to Vegas during the week and the Dueling Piano's are only on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Some of those rewards you really need to read the restrictions and check with others, I remember it not being real clear that this reward can only be used Thursday - Saturday.

-Max

3. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be careful with the $50 credit and Monte Carlo. I hear you have to use that whole $50 at once or else you lose it. Can anyone else confirm this?

July 19th - July 24th
  4. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes you have to use it in one purchase. but $50 is not hard to use.

5. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, but I passed on it for the 2 buffets

July 19th - July 24th
  6. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well the Picnic by the Pool is FREE (except tip) & Tender will cost you another $75+ out of pocket. And the Pby the P is a good deal for the price of LPs, imo

7. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed the picnic by the pool and June at Monte Carlo. Pretty simple, just handed them I am a card they came back with six Heineken's and a huge plate of nachos. It's well worth the 25,000 LP, but not sure it's worth using a reward

July 19th - July 24th
  8. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one that my wife and I were thinking about. But unfortunately we're getting there on Sept 19 and it has to be used by Sept 18! One flippin' day!!

9. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    were they all opened? trying to decide whether DH & I should each buy one, but not sure I could kill that many beers in the short amount of time I'm willing to sit out in the heat.

trying to figure out what would be a fair tip on a bucket of beers in vegas

10. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    were they all opened? trying to decide whether DH & I should each buy one, but not sure I could kill that many beers in the short amount of time I'm willing to sit out in the heat. wouldn't mind hauling them back across the street.

trying to figure out what would be a fair tip on a bucket of beers in vegas

11. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were open at noon. I left a $15 tip, but I think it was too much considering she just dropped off six beers and a plate of nachos and left and never came back

July 19th - July 24th
  12. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the venue or the bottles? lol

guess we could get one & share the wealth

13. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did this reward last year and I am 95% sure all 6 bottles were opened when they arrive. However, they literally bring them in a bucket filled with ice, so they stay cold awhile. (However, the beer selection is very lame, but if you are into piss water (Miller/Bud Lite) or Dutch skunk (Heineken) you will be okay.) ;)

While it is a good LP/$ value, I would only recommend this if you wanted to go to the pool anyway. We had a blast at the MC pool, more fun than any other pool. We got lots of sun, had lots of drinks, and had a great time in the lazy river. The tube rentals were expensive, but we gave them to a couple next to us when we were leaving. It was one of the best days we've had in Vegas!

14. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had this experience, and now that I'm thinking of it, the bottles were open.
    I'm not cheap, but she never circled back to check on us, so I thought $15 was good. Maybe I'm way off, not sure.

July 19th - July 24th
  15. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our server was great. We had ordered 3 drinks each prior so we had already developed a rapport with her, which likely helped. $15 is a fine tip, the reward has a value of $52 I believe.

From what I hear, a lot of servers/bartenders don't get tips from people using rewards so maybe that was why. No excuse, but I certainly see their point of view. After receiving your tip, she should have been back to see what else she could get you guys!

16. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    henekin one of the few beers i'll drink lol More of a grey goose gal. Most places do open the bottles but have found if we ask often they leave a few capped. Wish they had the deal @ MGM!

17. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this last year. The beers was not open. I tipped her $15 or $20. just got the flatbread pizza and beers and left. It was during the summer and too many kids was there. I just headed back to Caesar's pool.

It is a good deal for the LP used.

I didn't like the pool.

18. amyanderson2511

amyanderson2511 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm considering getting this reward as my BF would love to chill by the pool with some beers. The problem is, we're staying at The Mirage. Can you use the Monte Carlo pool if you're not a guest and, if so, what is the cost for this?

19. EastCoastVegasFan!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, They never checked me for a room key as I said I had a comp through MLife, so I went right in. Bring ur Mirage room key so you can show ur staying at a MLife property

July 19th - July 24th
  20. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Picnic by the Pool includes admission for 2. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.