1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UTH Gambling Stats @ MGM Grand 7/18-7/20

Discussion in 'Comps' started by sindustry, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Was at MGM Grand for Lady Gaga concert, for the weekend 7/18-7/20. For tables, I played strictly UTH. My ante bets varied between $50 and $75, and my Trips Bet ranged from $0 - $100. I play close to perfect strategy, so I do go 4x preflop a lot. Just like the other mLife properties, UTH is rated as 3X Ante + Trips Bet. So, players who follow strategy actually get rated for far less than they risk. Below are stats from calling mLife. The Theo is much lower than the Theo I got from my last trip to Mirage, last month, which was $16xx for only 4 hours of play at similar levels. My guess is the Theo from the Mirage trip was higher due to having more slot coin-in during that trip.

Tables: UTH
    Hours Played: 9 hours 5 min
    Average Bet: $224
    Theo: $1220

Slots Coin-in: $2409
    Theo: $152

Total Win/(Loss): $5636

The Host on Duty station is a little weird at MGM Grand...they have a desk with a phone that you call. Well, when I picked up the phone, it went straight to VIP Services. The person on the phone reviewed my play and said she could take off $174 from my bill. I am not sure if that included the $74 I had in Express Comps, or if it was in addition...it was 4am and I was pooped.

At any rate, for any ratings junkies out there that like to calculate ratings, any idea on how UTH is rated with these rating numbers (i.e. - house hold?).

Edit: This is one of the lowest back-end comped trips I have had, but I don't mind...I was up, had fun and played with some awesome people.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were you there on an offer?

Congrats on a winning trip!

3. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Affirmative! Marketing offer for comp room and 2 tix to Lady Gaga. Value printed on tix were $203 each, so most likely those factored in to the overall back-end comp value.

4. abrown83

abrown83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How full was your UTH table?

I am trying to figure how many hands they rated you at per hour.

If it is like 40 that means they gave you a theo based on 1.5% house advantage.

If it is like 30 hand per hour that means they gave you a theo based on a 2% house advantage

All rough numbers obviously.

5. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Table ranged from 3-6 players, majority being 6. They only have one table of UTH, so I was actually lucky on this trip to be able to play solely at MGM Grand. Sometimes when I stay at MGM, I have to play elsewhere because their UTH table is full and I am too impatient to wait for a seat...lol.

6. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I've read, they typically use 40 hands/hr for the game, I believe.

With 3X ante weight, they give theo of 4.5% house edge of an ante if it's 40 hands per hour. Simplified strategy gives a house edge of 2.43% of an ante. They are really hosing over the uninformed player though.

http://wizardofodds.com/games/ultimate-texas-hold-em/

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Yup...ratings for UTH seem to get worse each year. Too bad it is so addicting...lol!

8. abrown83

abrown83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Math shows they didn't give 4.5% though

224 x 40 x 9 = $80,640

1250 / 80640 = 1.55% Theo

9. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Should you use house edge or house hold for calculations? Whatever it is, I definitely believe UTH gets more underrated each year. Maybe it is due to the volatility. My first night I went -$6000 within the first 3 hours, $4000 of that within the first 1.5 hours. 45 minutes later, I was only down $1000. The next day, I stayed on the winning side of the streak.

Wanted to try Free Bet BJ to see how the numbers work out for that game, but MGM is still training for it, so it has not been brought obto the floor yet. Next time I am at Mirage, I will do a decent session on there and compare numbers.

10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love me some UTH...but I've found NO ONE comps decently for it (Sans Eldorado, in Reno; they give you an average of Ante+Blind+2x Ante+Trips)

11. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

I hear ya! Back in January, CET properties in Vegas were rating full value for UTH (6x Ante + Trips bet). I am not sure if that is still the case. Also, even though they rate it higher than mLife, I do not know if they use the same House Hold value for the Theo calculation. Looks like I need to make a trip to Vegas and compare UTH ratings between CET and mLife...sounds like a good excuse to go back...lol!

12. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rating is triple the ante bet though so if he played exclusively ante that $80,640 should be divided by three. That's where I'm getting the 4.5% from. I'm looking at the expected losses relative to his actual ante bet size.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.