1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Comp experience at Green Valley Ranch

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Lucky55, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First stay there was on a groupon offer. Just a lower rate than normal. Went to check in and asked for comp room upgrade (no $20 sandwich).

Check in person checked his computer and said he could upgrade us from a deluxe king to a regular suite for no charge. Gave him a $20 and thanked
    room was nice with a private patio over looking the pool,

We play mainly $1 video poker at almost full pay 9/6 job or deluxe job. We play several hours a day. don't know what our coin in was,but was quite alot I imagine.

Went to host desk and asked for a host on duty. Spoke to Mary Beth Easter, she said she couldn't comp room because through groupon but did comp all room charges including mini bar and internet. no resort fee

Our next trip I emailed her we were coming and asked for the luxury 1200sq ft suite overlooking the strip. She agreed and said she would look at our play when leaving and comp what she could. Also said we could use their limo to go wherever we wanted

this was great we went to 2 shows on the strip and got limo there and back. I did tip driver $20 each way. so not really free,but worth every penny

every food charged to room was comped including $250 meal at Hanks. This has been what it's been ever since.

The most interesting part of this story is my marketing offers are crap. free deluxe room for 2 nights and that's it.

Moral of the story is contact a host!! Mary Beth is the best host we've ever had. Never even met host at cet and never got contacted by mgm host

2. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks and good to know. I get really good offers from both Red Rock and Green Valley Ranch but has not taken advantage. COMP rooms, FP, and Food comps. I think I'll try them. Thanks for the information.

3. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely agree with getting a host, preferably one that stays with you a while. Especially the "contact a host" message. Unless you're a much bigger player, in the six figure range, most hosts don't reach out but are more than willing to accommodate a lower level player. Particularly those that know what, and what not, to expect. I expect a clean room for free. Not a suite at the MGM Mansion or anywhere else for that matter.

Our host at CET, we've never met, but has changed six times in six years. We get an email every year with a "Hi, I'm your new host..." and it's quite annoying. We aren't the biggest players but I'd assume that once you hit Diamond, they'd add some stability to your host.

For our next trip (TEN DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!), we had an offer from NYNY for three nights and $100 in free play. We called the reservations desk and asked to see if they'd be able to comp five nights and they said no. No problem, I say, as I look on the NYNY site and reach out to a host there to see what can be done. She quickly responded with a five night comp offer with the free play intact. We have friends that play bigger than us and were surprised that we had a host, but they've never asked for one. If you don't ask, you don't get - all they can say is no.

4. charliepeete

charliepeete Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have had five different host at GVR.....................my new one has not responded to an email ???
    i guess i will call his and see what he has to offer............................

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

Our experience at GVR has been exactly the opposite of yours. We have been Stations fans for many years. We used to get great marketing offers of free rooms, buffets, invites to special events slot tournaments, etc. Then they changed..... tier status now renews (or not) every six months (used to be that you had a year to earn tiers.) They stopped sending offers even for free rooms. Now, even though we rarely stay there any more because we get better offers from MLife and Cet, they're back to sending us offers for free rooms. As much as we love RR and GVR, it's just too hard to maintain status. We live on the east coast so only get to LV 3-4 time /yr. Breaks my heart since we'd much rather stay there than on the strip but ya gotta go where they treat you well. The hosts that we had at RR and GVR did NOTHING for us even when we were bigger players there.

6. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact Mary Beth Easter and see what she can do for you

We haven't been in a year and still got our upfront comps

Our marketing comps also suck

PS she loves stein Mart and we always send her a $100 gift certificate

7. Mustangdrew

Mustangdrew Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I logged into my boarding pass. Where do you find the contact host online ? Going New Years eve for a week and my 40th.

8. Lucky55

Lucky55 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.